What's your next brew

Was that like extract for baking? Or something different?
Yes, there are two types, artificial and pure, for the amount I use, I use the pure vanilla extract
1701899496713.png

image.jpg
Booze extracts the flavor. My wife is not a good speller, but she comes up with some good ideas. For a time, she was part of this group that split up bulk buys of quality vanilla beans, and this is what she did with some of them. Obviously, we like to use the bourbon extract more than the vodka extract.

Before I can brew anything, I need fermenter space. It’s a good thing that the FerMonster holding Best IPA+ will be emptied in a few days. Smooth Stout is in the on deck circle for my next brew, then Red Wheat for Winter should follow that. However, even my best made plans can sometimes get sidetracked.

Another double split batch

https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/1437104/amylo-rice-test-beer-
This time just rice ballanced profile less bitterness more ballance with BU:GU and just a back end Vic Secret overnight no chill hop Stand addition.

I'll be testing this Amyloglucosidase or Gluco-amylase in the fermenter.

On batch will get this Glucose producing enzyme added to fermenter the other won't but I'll also be fermenting with two different yeast so one will be Diamond lager yeast using that low C/N starter I did but with a 2nd step the other will mostly likely be Munich Classic wheat beer yeast and let ride at ambient stinking hot Aussies summer heat in a water bath then spunded.

Main kegmenter (controlled fermentation) will get the 17ml Amyloglucosidase addition and left to ferment as long as needed to achieve FG and will also be spunded as is my process.

Cheers looking forward to this one folks :p

Another double split batch

https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/1437104/amylo-rice-test-beer-
This time just rice ballanced profile less bitterness more ballance with BU:GU and just a back end Vic Secret overnight no chill hop Stand addition.

I'll be testing this Amyloglucosidase or Gluco-amylase in the fermenter.

On batch will get this Glucose producing enzyme added to fermenter the other won't but I'll also be fermenting with two different yeast so one will be Diamond lager yeast using that low C/N starter I did but with a 2nd step the other will mostly likely be Munich Classic wheat beer yeast and let ride at ambient stinking hot Aussies summer heat in a water bath then spunded.

Main kegmenter (controlled fermentation) will get the 17ml Amyloglucosidase addition and left to ferment as long as needed to achieve FG and will also be spunded as is my process.

Cheers looking forward to this one folks :p
I think you're going to have two totally different results. Lotta variables in that if you're doing an experiment, well, an empirical one anyway. If you're doing a tastebud experiment, or something to show you alternative means for different circumstances, NAILED IT!. How are you keeping the water bath cooled down?

You guys should be pushing 40C for weather down there by now and dry season on the way. Been there, done that in Port Pirie, SA, 46C, 85% humidity. Pirie's pretty much the edge of the Big Red Outback, pretty close to the top end of Spencer Gulf (Jaws' living [lounge] room). Hard to breath in that, even for non-smoking healthy people. All the water mains down there coming from the reservoirs are above ground in steel pipe for maintenance purposes. Most times, you can't take a shower at the end of the day because the water's too hot to get under. Early morning showers are the coolest they're gonna get. Going to bed stinky is not my favorite but neither is being parboiled.

I think you're going to have two totally different results. Lotta variables in that if you're doing an experiment, well, an empirical one anyway. If you're doing a tastebud experiment, or something to show you alternative means for different circumstances, NAILED IT!. How are you keeping the water bath cooled down?

You guys should be pushing 40C for weather down there by now and dry season on the way. Been there, done that in Port Pirie, SA, 46C, 85% humidity. Pirie's pretty much the edge of the Big Red Outback, pretty close to the top end of Spencer Gulf (Jaws' living [lounge] room). Hard to breath in that, even for non-smoking healthy people. All the water mains down there coming from the reservoirs are above ground in steel pipe for maintenance purposes. Most times, you can't take a shower at the end of the day because the water's too hot to get under. Early morning showers are the coolest they're gonna get. Going to bed stinky is not my favorite but neither is being parboiled.
Na funnily enough it's cooler up here in Queensland!
We're pretty spoilt up here in SE QLD SA on the other hand is a land of extremes you couldn't pay me enough to live there lol.
Bitterly cold in winter and scorching hot in summer bloody crow eaters can have it!

I'll just drop the keg in the keezer I think to chill it down a but for pitch then they (yeast)can have their way with the ambient water bath temps.

The lager batch will be controlled and have Amyloglucosidase in it

Well with the Light Lager in the all rounder as of yesterday, thinking I'm going to try to get a slightly tweaked Q4 brew into the catalyst next weekend and hopefully finish up the year with a batch of Shady Bohemian 13 P, just ordered some WLP800 for the Shady.

Well with the Light Lager in the all rounder as of yesterday, thinking I'm going to try to get a slightly tweaked Q4 brew into the catalyst next weekend and hopefully finish up the year with a batch of Shady Bohemian 13 P, just ordered some WLP800 for the Shady.
Onto a new yeast on the lager Front Bulin Mauri brew done with?

With Smooth Stout brewed yesterday, Vienna Garage Lager in primary for almost 2 weeks, and another batch of simple cider still bubbling, I need an empty fermenter before I can brew anything else. Next up I think will be my Red Wheat for Winter, which I want to get brewed before the month is over. If the stars align, I might try for yet one more brew before the end of the month, maybe another go of Use ‘Em Up Amber Ale to clear out some bits of hops left over from other brews. And there is a gallon of fresh pressed apple juice in the freezer that will be fermenting as soon as the current batch is bottled. Keeping busy in this hobby!

Back