What's your next brew

You could use a water pressure regulator. At my house the water pressure just after the meter is 150 psi (about 10 bar), so the next thing in the feed is a pressure regulator.
Same here. Just after the main water shutoff for the house is a pressure regulator set to about 60 psi.

I have used the pressure regularor for my camper occasionally. They are reasonably priced ar RV parts places.

I have used the pressure regularor for my camper occasionally. They are reasonably priced ar RV parts places.
Relocating to the DIY thread with this. Sorry for the hijack.

Back on topic, my WLP004 seems to be doing what yeast normally does. The starter is very carbonated and foams nicely when I shake it up (to further aerate and encourage yeast growth). I'm keeping it from getting stoopid by holding the temperature below 65. It's gonna go in a batch of Chocolate Oatmeal stout (when I get some more goodies in from Amazon). Gonna be my first batch of circulated mashing and sparging (if I can build a shower head for it.)

Relocating to the DIY thread with this. Sorry for the hijack.

Back on topic, my WLP004 seems to be doing what yeast normally does. The starter is very carbonated and foams nicely when I shake it up (to further aerate and encourage yeast growth). I'm keeping it from getting stoopid by holding the temperature below 65. It's gonna go in a batch of Chocolate Oatmeal stout (when I get some more goodies in from Amazon). Gonna be my first batch of circulated mashing and sparging (if I can build a shower head for it.)
How much oats you putting in the grist for recirculating these can slow things up a bit.

SO asked for a pumpkin beer so I'm adding one to the lineup tomorrow. Can't say no to the person who lets me totally overrun the kitchen once a week for brewing :D
The sacrifices we make…

SO asked for a pumpkin beer so I'm adding one to the lineup tomorrow. Can't say no to the person who lets me totally overrun the kitchen once a week for brewing :D
My wife asked me to brew a beer similar to Alaskan Amber Ale, her favorite. So I created a recipe to mimic the style of that beer, and through 3 iterations, it is my most brewed beer (9 brews, I believe). Make it well for your SO, and you might have a regular house brew.

My wife asked me to brew a beer similar to Alaskan Amber Ale, her favorite. So I created a recipe to mimic the style of that beer, and through 3 iterations, it is my most brewed beer (9 brews, I believe). Make it well for your SO, and you might have a regular house brew.
That's great advice Herm, but I don't know how I'd feel if pumpkin beer becomes my house recipe :eek:

Well ordered some Crisp Chevallier malt. So next up is a bitter on the cake (Verdant) of my brown. This malt is supposed to be maris otter on 11. It apparently was the maris otter before maris otter haha. We’ll see. I will probably add nothing else but this malt. I’ll use up my First Gold Hops hitting whatever IBU it has in it. Might have some brown ale the floating dip tube doesn’t pickup for some extra flavor and flavor.
My string of German lagers will wait until November to start brewing if this malt comes in time brew next Friday.

Last edited:
Well ordered some Crisp Chevalier malt. So next up is a bitter on the cake (Verdant) of my brown. This malt is supposed to me maris otter on 11. It apparently was the maris otter before maris otter haha. We’ll see. I will probably add nothing else but this malt. I’ll use up my First Gold Hops hitting whatever IBU it has in it. Might have some brown ale the floating dip tube doesn’t pickup for some extra flavor and flavor.
My string of German lagers will wait until November to start brewing if this malt comes in time brew next Friday.
That brewer Andy from 4 priests uses crisps as his base for his beers so must be good I think harrybrew 69 from the brew shed does too.
@AHarper @Steve SPF should have a good handle on it?

I bought some Azacca hops a few weeks ago. I think I'm gonna whip together a pale ale with Azaca, 2 row, carapils maybe a touch of biscuit malt. These ingredients will prolly change by the time I brew. :D I'm gonna go with S-04, Cali or BRY-97 yeast cake. We'll see.

Based on the extract efficiency I got on the pumpkin beer, I don't think the grain was double milled. Which means my kolsch efficiency will be low too. It's a bummer, but I love the LHBS and this is the first time it's happened. I was planning on a 3 gallon batch of kolsch at 1.044 OG, which is pretty much the limit for 1 pack of Lalbrew Koln dry yeast. The goal is to buildup for an Altbier batch next. So I'll use a little less liquor and plan for a longer boil and see what I get. Worse case I add water back in the fermenter. Would rather hit the OG than volume on this one.

I'm being so particular because my LHBS doesn't carry this yeast strain and it's my favorite German ale yeast. I ordered some online and want to milk it for as long as I can.

Based on the extract efficiency I got on the pumpkin beer, I don't think the grain was double milled. Which means my kolsch efficiency will be low too. It's a bummer, but I love the LHBS and this is the first time it's happened. I was planning on a 3 gallon batch of kolsch at 1.044 OG, which is pretty much the limit for 1 pack of Lalbrew Koln dry yeast. The goal is to buildup for an Altbier batch next. So I'll use a little less liquor and plan for a longer boil and see what I get. Worse case I add water back in the fermenter. Would rather hit the OG than volume on this one.

I'm being so particular because my LHBS doesn't carry this yeast strain and it's my favorite German ale yeast. I ordered some online and want to milk it for as long as I can.
What is your long term storage method?

That brewer Andy from 4 priests uses crisps as his base for his beers so must be good I think harrybrew 69 from the brew shed does too.
@AHarper @Steve SPF should have a good handle on it?

I use a lot of Crisp malts. My MO and MO Pale and Extra Pale and Crystal Extra Dark are all Crisps malts and they work very well.

https://crispmalt.com/ will tell you all about them.

Back