What’s for dinner?

My "roughing it" sous vide setup. Took a bit to figure out how much of the pot to have over the burner to maintain that 135F sweet spot. Wouldn't be camping without a steak to go on the grill at some point! I think Barb said she is having chicken...
20210627_170542.jpg

20210627_170549.jpg

Totally glamping @Herm_brews, have had the AC going here and there as well, usually have it on for 10 or 15 minutes before bed! More RV'ing actually I guess. Here was the finished product last night. After 3 hours between 127F and 137F it was perfectly medium rare (more on the rare side), and was delicious. Saved close to half of it to reheat for lunch today.
20210627_190037.jpg

Pork butt and Beef brisket(about 9 1/2 pounds each) smoking them this weekend for Dad’s 70th birthday surprise party…View attachment 16414
Ah the way to a man's heart fill him full of beer n BBQ meats heaven on earth!
I hope it goes to plan for you Bulin your Dad is a lucky man to have A Son like you;).

It's my weber battery operated rotisserie ;)
Weber itself has a new frame, so I could keep using it with the roti after the kegs were gone.
It's the one in the back
View attachment 16836
I have the one in the front and love using it to slow cook and/or smoke meats.

We ordered in tonight, not uncommon for a Friday. I have lived in Cambridge for 19 years, and have always heard that Barnacle Bill's has the best fish and chips in town, but oddly I have never had it. All I can say is WOW, best fish I have ever had, you know of the deep fried variety. Halibutt and chips, to die for, with a beauty of an ale to wash it down! Beautiful evening sun, actually a bit cool this evening at about 18C.
20210730_192001.jpg

Overstuffed quesadilla from the garden....sweet banana and jalapenos, yellow pear and sweet baby girl tomatoes, onion, chicken..a little cumin and oh yeah...cheddar. Shoulda tooka picture!

Paired with a London Fog Porter

We ordered in tonight, not uncommon for a Friday. I have lived in Cambridge for 19 years, and have always heard that Barnacle Bill's has the best fish and chips in town, but oddly I have never had it. All I can say is WOW, best fish I have ever had, you know of the deep fried variety. Halibutt and chips, to die for, with a beauty of an ale to wash it down! Beautiful evening sun, actually a bit cool this evening at about 18C.
View attachment 16842
Never even heard of halibutt must be a sweet fish.
I like Snapper or Barramundi with mine man I havnt had good fish n chips in a long time!

Back