What’s for dinner?

For me old mate @BOB357
20210416_194028.jpg

Bangers n mash - miss you old fella;)!

Spiedini. Little slices of beef (traditionally veal) with bacon, cheese and breadcrumbs rolled inside. A rare treat, a lot of effort, but today's a celebration of the family back together post-covid.

Sideways photo as usual...

View attachment 15465
In central New York (specifically the Binghamton area) they serve what they call spiedies. They're chunks of chicken, pork, beef, veal, or even venison that are marinated for atleast a day, skewered, grilled and then typically served on Italian bread. Given the similar name and appearance I'm wondering if there's a connection there

Spiedini. Little slices of beef (traditionally veal) with bacon, cheese and breadcrumbs rolled inside. A rare treat, a lot of effort, but today's a celebration of the family back together post-covid.

Sideways photo as usual...

View attachment 15465
Beef wrapped bacon!
Sweet!

Given the similar name and appearance I'm wondering if there's a connection there
Yes, there is. My grandmother made them as shown, while my wife's grandmother made them on skewers, as you describe. It kinda depends on which Italian village you come from.

The name comes for the Italian word for 'skewers', since some kind of spike is needed to hold them together.

Yes, bacon and parmesan, with a little butter and breadcrumbs, plus spices like salt, pepper and of course garlic to make sure, wrapped in thinly-sliced beef or veal. Not health food, but once or twice a year shouldn't be fatal.

Agreed at least she's at age where she can say she wants to do pee pees:p

Birthday dinner for "My Trevi", her name is Trevlyn, but sho goes by Trevi, or Trevi Tat. Cooked up a mess of wings, and my signature Buffalo Sauce. It just seems like yesterday when she was born (26 years ago), there was a lighting storm outside the hospital window that night, it was a magical day:)
Some leftovers for lunch tomorrow!
20210519_181020.jpg
20210519_190943.jpg

Beef Jerky is a sometimes food.

Back