What did you get delivered today

While we got pneumatic and hydroluc experts here...
I got a CO2 cylinder, old style. It can still be filled, but won't fit modern soda streamers.
Could this one be used for kegging? Or is it a total different fitting? On a small size keg? Something like a 4-5 litre one?
Maybe with adapter?
New cylinder is around 95 U$, not wanting to pay amounts like that

A bunch of grain, hops and yeast. Some came today some came yesterday.
IMG_20220604_133334.jpg
IMG_20220604_111216.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20220604_133214.jpg
    IMG_20220604_133214.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 25
I got a CO2 cylinder, old style. It can still be filled, but won't fit modern soda streamers.
Could this one be used for kegging? Or is it a total different fitting? On a small size keg? Something like a 4-5 litre one?
Maybe with adapter?
Can you take apicture of the valve fitting? Needs to be a cga320 for standard co2 connections

Maybe with adapter?
The most common CO2 fitting is CGA 320. Soda Stream uses a proprietary one but you can get adapters. If it's CGA 320 then it'll fit most every regulator. Past the regulator you can plumb it with what works for you that's rated for the CO2 and pressure

Maybe with adapter?
Sorry Zambezi, bottled gas is a different game, can't help you with that

Yes, i was correcting my link to the 1/2 one. Don’t forget the pliers ($10) . It won’t just pop in . I tried
Yes it will, but the pliers will turn out to be the best money you ever spent.

Can you take apicture of the valve fitting? Needs to be a cga320 for standard co2 connections
IMG_20220605_075432.jpg

Not the clearest picture.
The guy at the filling place called it coarse thread as compared to new soda stream bottle
Outside diameter on the thread: 1.8 cm
Outside diameter at top: 1.5 cm
Inside diameter at top: 1.1 cm
I estimate the age of the cylinders to be around 30+ years old. I bought them 2nd hand around 2000.

View attachment 20982
Not the clearest picture.
The guy at the filling place called it coarse thread as compared to new soda stream bottle
Outside diameter on the thread: 1.8 cm
Outside diameter at top: 1.5 cm
Inside diameter at top: 1.1 cm
I estimate the age of the cylinders to be around 30+ years old. I bought them 2nd hand around 2000.
That honestly looks like a paintball cyclinder.

I'm going to google paintball pics ....
But aren't those the same cylinders as for pellet guns etc? Throw away ones?
This one is 35 cm long, incl fitting and has an old soda stream sticker on it

If it is, and you can get an adapter to cga320. It would be usable

If it is, and you can get an adapter to cga320. It would be usable
I gotta remember to check the filling equipment next time I go there!

Yes, i was correcting my link to the 1/2 one. Don’t forget the pliers ($10) . It won’t just pop in . I tried
Came in today. You are right, that will not just push in! Lol.

Putting it in a vice and bopping the NPT adapter with a rubber mallet worked though. :D

Back