What did you get delivered today

In this part of the world, sorry, in Argentina the Kg of hops buying in bulk costs 25 USD.o_O

That's an awesome price! Are these local hops or imported? If they are imported then the price is even more surprising.

¡Es un precio increíble! ¿Son estos lúpulos locales o importados? Si son importados entonces el precio es aún más sorprendente.

That's an awesome price! Are these local hops or imported? If they are imported then the price is even more surprising.

¡Es un precio increíble! ¿Son estos lúpulos locales o importados? Si son importados entonces el precio es aún más sorprendente.
That price is the National or Patagonian Cascade type for us, there are three other local varieties (local by production). The price ranges from 25--36 USD per Kg. The remaining types of hops the most economical of those imported the range goes from 34- 50 USD per Kg if one buys for 100 grams you have to add about 1 USDNow it is difficult to find Calypso or Citra, other Europeans. The American Cascade (USA) costs about 38USD per Kg. For me each Batch carries at least 200 Grs. (36 Liters)

Last night I was able to bottle and release the kegs today preparing everything for an IPA. Cooking night.

20220511_150454.jpg

Did you drive up to Calhoun for that?

No, price included tax and delivery. It’s basically the same price/lb. as our LHBS. No volume discount, but I purchased based on the locality and uniqueness. My initial observation is that the malt seems more plump than what I normally purchase. Going to brew a very small batch of pale ale to check flavor.

No, price included tax and delivery. It’s basically the same price/lb. as our LHBS. No volume discount, but I purchased based on the locality and uniqueness. My initial observation is that the malt seems more plump than what I normally purchase. Going to brew a very small batch of pale ale to check flavor.
Awesome man I wish craft maltsters was a thing here where I live.
I've herd some of these craft malts can be quite rich in flavour.
I'd love to hear what you think of them.

So ones an ale and ones a pilsner style malt?
Different kilning temps/times - SRM?

Awesome man I wish craft maltsters was a thing here where I live.
I've herd some of these craft malts can be quite rich in flavour.
I'd love to hear what you think of them.

So ones an ale and ones a pilsner style malt?
Different kilning temps/times - SRM?

The Pale 2 Row shows a SRM range of 1.5-2.2 on their website. The Pale Ale 2 Row is similar to Golden Promise and shows a 3.37 SRM

Got an email that I got a delivery: Pilsner, Munich, and a liquid to liquid jumper.

I just found out that there is a maltster 5 miles from my house. DUH!!!!!!! You have to buy 50lb bags though.
Luckily, these guys offer 25 lb. bags, even though the labels on my bags say 50 lbs. Even then, it’s still a lot for me. But, the warm weather has arrived so I’ll be brewing more lighter (flavor) beers.

Luckily, these guys offer 25 lb. bags, even though the labels on my bags say 50 lbs. Even then, it’s still a lot for me. But, the warm weather has arrived so I’ll be brewing more lighter (flavor) beers.
Hmmm. Maybe a local homebrewer might take some off your hands if it is too much. :rolleyes:

Back