What did you get delivered today

After reading the thread about the Bucket Blaster I ordered one. It came today, have to set it up and try it out..
Worth it in my brief use with it set it up walk away come back change cleaner to water run cycle then acid to finish you bloody beauty.

I use 1/3rd of the cleaning solution I used to now.
Bob said he even cleans his beer lines with it.

Tis the season to shop
20201209_163627.jpg

Worth it in my brief use with it set it up walk away come back change cleaner to water run cycle then acid to finish you bloody beauty.

I use 1/3rd of the cleaning solution I used to now.
Bob said he even cleans his beer lines with it.

It came with a couple ball lock fittings so it should be able to do lines easily.

A couple of years ago I took part in a kickstarter campaign to do a Beermkr system that is a real all in one. Today it finally arrived!
The system was created for anyone to brew beer using standard all grain procedures with not much more than a push of a button. It took me about a half hour to clean it up and start the process.
It mashes and ferments with temperature control in a closed environment all the way through. When the process is complete, you remove the bag containing a gallon of beer and place it into the dispensing system. Efficiency is about 80% and 10% + abv is easily achieved.
Super cool. This was purchased as something fun and because I thought it was a really cool concept. It will by no means replace my regular brewing.
PXL_20201211_001908849.jpg
PXL_20201211_001246790.jpg
PXL_20201211_001338028.jpg
PXL_20201211_001307482.jpg
Screenshot_20201210-171824.png
PXL_20201211_002642341.jpg

A couple of years ago I took part in a kickstarter campaign to do a Beermkr system that is a real all in one. Today it finally arrived!
The system was created for anyone to brew beer using standard all grain procedures with not much more than a push of a button. It took me about a half hour to clean it up and start the process.
It mashes and ferments with temperature control in a closed environment all the way through. When the process is complete, you remove the bag containing a gallon of beer and place it into the dispensing system. Efficiency is about 80% and 10% + abv is easily achieved.
Super cool. This was purchased as something fun and because I thought it was a really cool concept. It will by no means replace my regular brewing.
View attachment 13178 View attachment 13180 View attachment 13181 View attachment 13182 View attachment 13183 View attachment 13184
Holly Molly batch size on that looks half size cool!

View attachment 13178 View attachment 13180 View attachment 13181 View attachment 13182 View attachment 13183 View attachment 13184
That’s awesome. I can see you having an absolute ball with that guy. Good luck with it!

I'm sure it's out of my current price range but looks pretty cool. I wouldn't mind playing around with something like that. I've actually been thinking about looking into a way to do some smaller batches so that I can try somethings without getting stuck with 5 gallons in case I'm not a fan or it doesn't work out. Have fun with your new toy and let us know what you think

Cleaning and storage solution for ph meter.
20210107_171432.jpg
Last bottle of cleaner lasted almost 10yrs. Guess I can fork out a couple more bucks.

Got some hops!! (and yeast...and yeast nutrient)
View attachment 13583

Is that 4.3% AA on the Cascade? If so, glad I went for the 2019s last month. They're over 8%. Their 2018 was 4.4% IIRC. I like around the 7% range so I can use them for bittering without using a boat load.

@Josh Hughes Buy a used, unrefurbished one and a gasket kit, they are trivial to "rebuild". Under $40 online, for example

(Edit: Under $35 here)

Last edited:
Is that 4.3% AA on the Cascade? If so, glad I went for the 2019s last month. They're over 8%. Their 2018 was 4.4% IIRC. I like around the 7% range so I can use them for bittering without using a boat load.
Yes, 4.3% on the Cascade. I'll be using it for flavor/aroma, so works for me. I have only used Cascade hops from one other source before, and I didn't love them. The aroma was much more floral than grapefruit. So I wanted to splurge on some YVH Cascade to see if I like it any better. I figure if I don't like this either, then Cascade maybe isn't for me :) which I would find shocking, because west coast APAs and session IPAs are mostly what I drink

Those look great problem is I have no where to put a 5 gallon keg. I’m looking around for smaller ones with no luck. Williams brewing? Had some new ones one sale today that weren’t priced bad I would need to buy the lid, making it that same price as I spent. I’ll keep looking

Yes, 4.3% on the Cascade. I'll be using it for flavor/aroma, so works for me. I have only used Cascade hops from one other source before, and I didn't love them. The aroma was much more floral than grapefruit. So I wanted to splurge on some YVH Cascade to see if I like it any better. I figure if I don't like this either, then Cascade maybe isn't for me :) which I would find shocking, because west coast APAs and session IPAs are mostly what I drink

I buy almost all of my hops From YVH, including the 8+% Cascades I mentioned. I too use Cascade mostly for late and post boil additions, but there are beers that I like to bitter with them as well. Hop character is influenced by many things, most of which may change from crop to crop, as well as from field to field.

Most craft beer brewers use hop combinations. This allows them to blend several varieties to make up for deficiencies or changes from year to year in one or more of the hops. Many also have the luxury to select specific lots that closely match their target for the variety. We don't have that option, so just need to not rely on the attributes of a single hop. Cascade is and, since its release, a staple in craft APAs and IPAs, as well as very popular in many other styles. Do yourself a favor and don't stop using it.

I buy almost all of my hops From YVH, including the 8+% Cascades I mentioned. I too use Cascade mostly for late and post boil additions, but there are beers that I like to bitter with them as well. Hop character is influenced by many things, most of which may change from crop to crop, as well as from field to field.

Most craft beer brewers use hop combinations. This allows them to blend several varieties to make up for deficiencies or changes from year to year in one or more of the hops. Many also have the luxury to select specific lots that closely match their target for the variety. We don't have that option, so just need to not rely on the attributes of a single hop. Cascade is and, since its release, a staple in craft APAs and IPAs, as well as very popular in many other styles. Do yourself a favor and don't stop using it.
I'm hoping to step up my hop blending game this year. I've been doing a lot of single hop pales to learn the flavors and aromas that I like. I just bottled a pale with cluster and Cascade in the boil, and dry hopped with Chinook and cascade. The sample tasted great. Great advice as always Bob :)

I love Cascade. Besides IPA’s and Pales, I also use it in my Porter. o_O

Back