What did you get delivered today

2 48" line brushes, a plastic tip for the(soon to be installed) recirculation return on the mash tun and a new Inkbird to control the heating element(that isn't here yet).

I'm hoping to step up my hop blending game this year. I've been doing a lot of single hop pales to learn the flavors and aromas that I like. I just bottled a pale with cluster and Cascade in the boil, and dry hopped with Chinook and cascade. The sample tasted great. Great advice as always Bob :)

Just would hate to see anyone give up on such a great hop.

Feels like Christmas :) can't wait to try out the Fermonster next week
20210118_102915.jpg

Great fermenter, especially with the optional spigot. Glad to see you got the lid removal tool too. Even with keg lube on the gasket (recommended). you'll sometimes need it.
Any household items that could be used instead of keg lube? Mineral oil or olive oii?

Petroleum jelly would be about the next best. I'd get a fresh jar to be safe. Would do the same with mineral or olive oil.

Great fermenter, especially with the optional spigot. Glad to see you got the lid removal tool too. Even with keg lube on the gasket (recommended). you'll sometimes need it.
I'm just finishing up my first fermentation in my 6 gallon fermonster and I'm loving it. Didn't get the spigot cause I've never transferred that way, been afraid because I couldn't be sure if it was above the yeast/trub. After seeing with this US-05 fermentation that it's well below the level of that port I might just add one

Any household items that could be used instead of keg lube? Mineral oil or olive oii?
Second on vaseline. Worst that could happen with it is reduced head retention. Keg lube is silicone, costs a fortune but lasts forever - once you grease an o-ring with it, you usually don't have to do it again.

This is pretty exciting, not a fancy, shiny piece of equipment, just an ingredient.
Going to be brewing David Heath's ESB. David swears by Lyles Golden Syrup, and I wanted to stay true to the recipe. This just showed up today from Tipperary, Ireland.
Two questions
What is a Sticky Pud?
What is a kcal?
20210129_210352.jpg
20210129_210410.jpg
20210129_210622.jpg

Nice! We,found some a few years ago and put on pancakes. Oddly I haven’t bought more for my british beers...

That’s awesome. Please keep us posted with your thoughts and results.
(My next beer calls for golden syrup, but the cheapskate in me has decided that I should try and make my own this weekend.)

And it is, as they say, a long way to Tipperary!

Kcal is kilocalories, the nutrition value of a food. In the US we use "calories" for the same measure.

A 230 kcal beer in Germany is a 230 cal beer in US. And Canada, I suppose.

Back