What did you get delivered today

An addition to my brewing library. First time in several years the AHA has offered a book, that I don't already have, with a subscription renewal. No matter how simplistic a book appears to be, I always seem to pick up at least a couple of informative tidbits. Hoping this one follows that path.View attachment 13156
Let us know. I enjoy their podcast.

Woohoo.
Any beer line there Josh?
That tap will get sticky from time to time but will do the job in the meantime:).
Intertap or the new Nukatap wont gum up after a day or two between use.
Nothing but what was in the kit. Figured I can add some stuff soon.

Nothing but what was in the kit. Figured I can add some stuff soon.
You'll need a bit of beer line to help reduce foaming either that or a.flow control tap which I'm sure that ain't one there.

The beer line helps equalize keg pressure and reduce foaming issues you could just coil it around the keg that way the beer line is cool this will help with foamidge as well.

Itll be a bit of suck it and see type stuff.

I’ve read that...I’ll put that on my next order list. I also added keg lube and extra co2 to my list.

I’ve read that...I’ll put that on my next order list. I also added keg lube and extra co2 to my list.
If you ever do change the tap grab a flow control tap that way you can just do away with the beer line altogether. Off the top of my head their around $30 AUS

image.jpg
My new brew kettle (5.5 gallons) and fermenter (3 gallon) delivered today from MoreBeer. I’ll still need to buy a universal stopper for the fermenter, and barbed hose fitting for the kettle - those should be readily available at one or both lhbs that I patronize.

View attachment 13160 My new brew kettle (5.5 gallons) and fermenter (3 gallon) delivered today from MoreBeer. I’ll still need to buy a universal stopper for the fermenter, and barbed hose fitting for the kettle - those should be readily available at one or both lhbs that I patronize.
Sweet! That’s a nice looking kettle.

View attachment 13160 My new brew kettle (5.5 gallons) and fermenter (3 gallon) delivered today from MoreBeer. I’ll still need to buy a universal stopper for the fermenter, and barbed hose fitting for the kettle - those should be readily available at one or both lhbs that I patronize.
Big time!

Looks awesome, and happy brewing with it.

Nice !

A #10 stopper is what you need for the Fermonster. You might want to get the lid removal tool too. They can be a bear to get off, especially if you don't use keg lube on the gasket. Last tip: Be sure to remove and disassemble the spigot for a thorough cleaning every time.

Happy brewing with the new gear.

Does this mean you are going bigger batches?

Nice !

A #10 stopper is what you need for the Fermonster. You might want to get the lid removal tool too. They can be a bear to get off, especially if you don't use keg lube on the gasket. Last tip: Be sure to remove and disassemble the spigot for a thorough cleaning every time.

Happy brewing with the new gear.
Thanks for the tips, Bob. I will be cleaning thoroughly before and after each use.

Back