What did you get delivered today

Damn, that is a coil.

Just for my Aussie friends.

To paraphrase Crocodile Dundee, “ ‘at’s not a coil. This is a coil!”

It’s actually 3 separate coils. It can chill 5.5 gallons of wort from boiling to 70° F in 3 minutes.

Attachments

• C3764656-B528-48E1-B857-E37A1EFEB0A4.jpeg
    C3764656-B528-48E1-B857-E37A1EFEB0A4.jpeg
    572.5 KB · Views: 138
  • 8F008BB3-638C-4DC7-8309-4514D572AC4A.jpeg
    8F008BB3-638C-4DC7-8309-4514D572AC4A.jpeg
    576.3 KB · Views: 219
What the hell does the hose connector look like?

Also, related question. What do people use for hoses to connect? I was using washing machine lines as they were heat resistant but only 3/8" ID so I swapped for 1/2" ID garden hose and knocked off 40% of my cooling time, but the hoses are getting soft and melty.

Heat-resistant short run of tubing (silicone works, PVC works as well but as you mention, gets a bit flexible. A couple of barbs with connectors to whatever you want to connect to. A few hose clamps. I use the connectors for hose bibs because that's what I'm connecting to.

That's an interesting idea, I never thought of that. I've been using garden hose ends. Which are a pain in the ass to thread to a pond pump.

What the hell does the hose connector look like?
Mine are just standard garden hose fittings. I chill at my laundry tub. I just bought two 6’ hoses. The chiller is called the Hydra. Jaded makes it.

Oh that's a Hyrda, the Brulosophy guys really like it. Is it 1-3 fitting or something or did they solder the ends together?

It’s a single hose connection, in and out. The chiller has the manifolds built in. Personally, I don’t know why anyone would use any other chiller.

They're damned hard to get in Canada is my primary reason personally. I'd really like to get my hands on one. My existing one is adequate but not as good, I'm just trying to stop my hoses from melting currently.

Just for my Aussie friends.

To paraphrase Crocodile Dundee, “ ‘at’s not a coil. This is a coil!”

It’s actually 3 separate coils. It can chill 5.5 gallons of wort from boiling to 70° F in 3 minutes.
yep that is the mother of all coils for sure! but for 50 bucks im happy with what i found itll do a lot better job than my current one. :)

2 badly needed stir bars, I built my stir plate to fit this size, the darn things tripled in price

WP_20180411_13_48_10_Pro.jpg

Mine are just standard garden hose fittings. I chill at my laundry tub. I just bought two 6’ hoses. The chiller is called the Hydra. Jaded makes it.
Man, I love my chiller from Jaded! I can't believe how fast and efficient it is at cooling.

Oh, geez. I almost forgot to give the disclaimer that I have no relation to the company at all.

Got 2 lbs. Centennial and 2 lbs. Chinook in from Yakima Valley Hops today. Two of my favorite hop varieties. Along with what I already have in the freezer that should get me through the summer with a bunch of Pale Ales and IPAs.

Replacement KAB4 burner, this one is much better quality than the first one. So now I'm excited to get a brew going soon.

Brew partner should be pulling into driveway soon with a sack of Pils and a sack of Wheat any time now from LHBS (which was 100 miles away). Gotta be ready for cream ales and lagers!

I grabbed a couple stoppers and some BRY-97 to have just in case today, looked at a bag of Marris Otter but I don't really need it yet. Though I should have bought it, just in case...

badly needed thermowell, I lost the top nut to mine, now I can add this to the lid of my fermenter.....again :oops:

WP_20180503_21_45_36_Pro.jpg

Back