What did you get delivered today

Today was a good day, a real good day!!
5.jpg

Can't wait to get started!
6.jpg

Now it is all packed up, inventoried and tasted of course!
7.jpg

Huh, I'm in Alberta and I can't get Rahr malt.

Huh, I'm in Alberta and I can't get Rahr malt.
That is crazy HawkBox, I get my grains from my buddy (brewmaster) who is one of the local micro brewery's owners (his beer is to be reconded with(even when he says it's not)) (he just traveled through the eastern states to .............drink beer(great guy)) and learn.
But as my point was supposed to be (before the ....too many home brews with friends. ........ In south western BC (that's British Columbia Canada.......lol) he seems to be able to get tons and tons ....... and tons of it. (If your in my hood let me know, we can have a half lifer/pint....:) and maybe check out the brewery(I only go in the back entrance)) (no sexual reference.....:). )
Simple but pleasurable
New glassware
View attachment 2750
I like those very much!!

Got my grain for our fest beer. No grain change but a hop switch and German lager yeast instead of okto blend. Need to clean it out a bit more.

No, got this idea from Ozark.......yeast storage.

I'm using those to run tests on my beer at various stages to see how stable it is over time. I know I'm pretty good but I'm also wondering how much of some flavor losses over time are due to contamination.

oh i was looking at the meat behind those vials:p yep they take up less room than a glass jar the missus gives me that lufted eyebrow every time i get a new yeast strain in the fridge.

you know what vallka i need smarties like you and oz to invent a conical attachment for the top of the Erlenmeyer flask opening so once im done spinning my yeast i just attach my connical yeast piece invert flask and then compress yeast like ive seen Ozarks do all in the one unit savy;):)?
Im single vessal minded lol.

come up with this idea and im on board.

oh i was looking at the meat behind those vials:p yep they take up less room than a glass jar the missus gives me that lufted eyebrow every time i get a new yeast strain in the fridge.

you know what vallka i need smarties like you and oz to invent a conical attachment for the top of the Erlenmeyer flask opening so once im done spinning my yeast i just attach my connical yeast piece invert flask and then compress yeast like ive seen Ozarks do all in the one unit savy;):)?
Im single vessal minded lol.

come up with this idea and im on board.
Cooked up those ribs in a hickory and beer BBQ sauce last night!

Got an order of 50ML centrifuge vials today and some chalkboard tape. Going to figure out how to freeze yeast, once I figure out how you sterilize plastic tubes.

Got an order of 50ML centrifuge vials today and some chalkboard tape. Going to figure out how to freeze yeast, once I figure out how you sterilize plastic tubes.
They should already be sterile - they're single-use, too.

Good to know, the caps are on, and they were cheap. So I can deal with that. Seems a waste but c'est la vie.

well i picked up a new imersion coil today! its got an internal coil as well just what ive been looking for. snagged it on a local buy and sell site for 50 bucks;). thisll fit nicely in my brew keg and not much coil will sit above Final wort volume in keg. man i was gunna brew today but i cant wait to try out my new chiller!

oh and thats me little saison brew first burst carbnpour from tap tis a good drop its dry cant smell no fruit but i can taste passion fruit and i just love the coloue eh?
20180402_161406.jpg

Back