What did you get delivered today

upload_2020-2-6_7-46-26.png

I purchased a Speidel 30L fermenter from MoreBeer (10% off sale). Since I can't brew more often, I was looking for a way to increase my batch size without the cost of going to 10 gallon batches. This fit the bill exactly. A quick fill test showed 8 gallons comes up to the bottom of the Speidel logo. A complete fill to the very top is 10 gallons. So now my only limitation on batch size is my 10 gallon brew kettle. I may brew on the edge with 9 gallons pre-boil, but more likely will brew a little less and add water in the fermenter to reach 8 gallons.

I'll be mounting it under the shelf and I'll fab up some kind of a splash guard when I install it.
Awesome good idea.
When i first got my MK2pump it's stated that it's splash proof or something like that well I wasn't to concerned splashing water on the motor. Turns out it ain't splash proof I took the rear housing off and there was water all up in the electrical section and there was rust stains in there plus it was a bit seized up.

I got onto kegland and got a replacement but moral of the story keep your powder dry and keep your motors dry too:p.

Awesome good idea.
When i first got my MK2pump it's stated that it's splash proof or something like that well I wasn't to concerned splashing water on the motor. Turns out it ain't splash proof I took the rear housing off and there was water all up in the electrical section and there was rust stains in there plus it was a bit seized up.

I got onto kegland and got a replacement but moral of the story keep your powder dry and keep your motors dry too:p.

Getting ready to put mine back into service. Have some silicone hose coming in with my order tomorrow and will be trying out recirculating in the Digiboil later in the week. Have been getting good results without it, but hate to see equipment sitting around :)

Arranging a sanke tap and some adapters from the LHBS for next week, gonna buy some local kegs to help keep the guys I like going. Plus some more 2-row and miscelllaneous.

Order delivered by Rob (the owner) of Shortfinger Brewing today. Dropped it at my door no charge, then we chatted long distance for a minute.
In otder to get free delivery, had to order a small growler of fresh beer, and it is very nice.
20200402_161421.jpg

20200402_171806.jpg

Yeah one of our local breweries is doing drop offs too, even kegs so I'm gonna order one as soon as I get my sanke tap adapters.

Back