What did you get delivered today

Cyber Monday GAS
image.jpg

I've got a brother who works for UPS. It's all about delivery. Damage means 0.

That's corporate America. Order of importance= Safety, Quality and Production. NOTE: This order assumes that neither safety nor quality impedes production.

That's corporate America. Order of importance= Safety, Quality and Production. NOTE: This order assumes that neither safety nor quality impedes production.
After a professional life spent mostly in quality I can say with six-sigma certainly you are absolutely correct. The only higher order business function is profit.

After a professional life spent mostly in quality I can say with six-sigma certainly you are absolutely correct. The only higher order business function is profit.

I don’t see this as a quality or profit issue, rather a poor packaging and handling issue. When it comes to mass production, there’s always an amount calculated and accounted for that will be returned due to “shipping” damages. The cost to improve packaging/handling would exceed the cost of “free” replacements. And I suspect this time of year, with the shear volume of packages being shipped/delivered, the number goes higher. But until a manufacturer sees profitability suffering because the replacements cost more than improving packaging, there not going to improve packaging.

sorry for the rant.

Last edited:
Workmate gave me a bucket of honey to make some meed. Dont know how much but I'd say a couple of liters of the stuff.

Looks like I've got some meed reading up to do folks any pointers I'd appreciate it?

I gave him a few brewing pointers at first but I dont think they turned out too good so he's palmed the honey to me winning!:)
20191209_163419.jpg

That should keep the windows from fogging up!

My issue is some dip witt used the garage to vent the dryer, turned the ceiling black with mildew, I managed to fix that and vent the dryer outside but won't make the same mistake brewing

You going new install or existing inline booster with that? Looks worthy either way lol.

Speidel 30L fermenter came in today. Marked levels at 4, 4.5, 5, 5.25 and 5.5 gallons, the range I use. Got everything cleaned and drying now. It appears that this thing will hold at least a gallon over its advertised volume. No need for a blow off for sure.

Speidel.jpg

Got supplies for the next set of brews today, plus some Lactic Acid, Whirlfloc and Crystal hops and one of the MoreBeer tap handles that you just print out an insert and slide it in to ID the beer on that tap. They're shipping one free with any recipe kit.

View attachment 7145

View attachment 7146
They're running this special again and I missed it last time, so ordered up a kit to get a handle! Helluva deal if you ask me! I've watched for it ever since you posted this. Ordered up the Hop Blonde kit. Not only was it cheap, but it sounded good also.
https://www.morebeer.com/

They're running this special again and I missed it last time, so ordered up a kit to get a handle! Helluva deal if you ask me! I've watched for it ever since you posted this. Ordered up the Hop Blonde kit. Not only was it cheap, but it sounded good also.
https://www.morebeer.com/

Noticed that. I pushed my luck by sneaking a jug of Evan into the shopping cart today and had already told the wife that I didn't need to order any brewing supplies until the end of the month, so will wait until they run the deal again. I haven't gotten around to redoing my old tower, so don't need it right now.

UPS guy just dropped off 2#s of calcium chloride, and a new heating element to replace the one I torched last week in the rims tube. MKll pump is so quiet i forgot when pre heating tun to shut it off after draining and with no water it gets fkn HOT! Lots of scrubbing and pbw and all is good. Now have a red warning light when pump is running. I should know better by now not to try and multitask:mad:

Back