What did you get delivered today

UPS guy just dropped off 2#s of calcium chloride, and a new heating element to replace the one I torched last week in the rims tube. MKll pump is so quiet i forgot when pre heating tun to shut it off after draining and with no water it gets fkn HOT! Lots of scrubbing and pbw and all is good. Now have a red warning light when pump is running. I should know better by now not to try and multitask:mad:
Bloody Murphy's Law there mate!

UPS guy just dropped off 2#s of calcium chloride, and a new heating element to replace the one I torched last week in the rims tube. MKll pump is so quiet i forgot when pre heating tun to shut it off after draining and with no water it gets fkn HOT! Lots of scrubbing and pbw and all is good. Now have a red warning light when pump is running. I should know better by now not to try and multitask:mad:

Always a learning experience. That's half the fun:)

30# of assorted Pennsylvania Craft Malt. A nice haul for a 2.5 gallon brewer. I’m really liking all of Deer Creek’s product, and I would stand their Dutch and Double Dutch (Munich and Dark Munich) up against any other Malt around. The taste of a German soft pretzel right out of the oven.

ED8BA05B-6948-4B62-96E5-70683BD51450.jpeg

Got me good for this weekends Pilsner Yurkel brew.
2kg Imperial Malt
1kg Munich 2
1kg Gladiator Dextrin
1kg Bairds Dark Crystal
1kg Wey Melanoidin
Sazz hops
Eureka hops
Swiss Lager S189 .
Btw that's not all going in it...
Bring on brew day :).
20200130_155118.jpg

Awfully complex for a Pilsner... Should be good though.

So how does that compare to Brewhardware's steam slayer Ozarks? That's a fair amount of hardware and no feed water plumbing. What is the GPH nozzle you are using? How is the spray nozzle positioned in the "T"?

Awfully complex for a Pilsner... Should be good though.
Yeah not all them malts are going in. But yes there are a few malts going in that pilsner not my recipe but I'm trusting the Author with it;).

So how does that compare to Brewhardware's steam slayer Ozarks? That's a fair amount of hardware and no feed water plumbing. What is the GPH nozzle you are using? How is the spray nozzle positioned in the "T"?

its a 9 GPH sprayer and the cost is the same and will function just the same but its set up for my water supply to a hose, he keeps on running out of the correct parts so I just built my own

Seemed like a reasonable price. £23 ish for the vessel and the same again for the fitting.
Great for going mobile with your beer 4 litres what's that just under half a carton plenty for a trip down the river ect ECT.
You got mini gas reg and dispense kit.
Kegland here in Aus are doing some pretty cool stuff with those butterfly spunding valves their now setting a little gas guage into the unit! Recon one of these and an adjustable flow control tap would near make a perfect portable draft kit.
You know they even have little backpacks for them haa!

So many ways to keep us close to our beer

20200203_154858.jpg

My Kviek turned up today you little Beauty!
Oh I'm gunna have some fun with these two bad boys! It's 37c here atm I could only get my wort to 34c before ice recirculating on weekend so this yeast has turned up right on time!
I'm excited I'm sure I'll be telling you all about my thoughts on these two kviek strains.
That Skare in particular is supposed to be lager like I can taste a kviek pilsner now:rolleyes:!

Back