What did you get delivered today

Here's Beverly (Star Trek fans will get the reference). She's crushing a bit fine but I'll get her calibrated. Meanwhile, Mexican Dunkel is in the mash tun.
20200405_114446.jpg

Here's the crush:
20200405_114642.jpg

First run was a bit coarse.

What a thing of beauty she is enjoy your brew day Noseybear and calibrating the mill.

Ahhh yes, the spunky red head!

Good choice on the Fermonsters. Hope you got spigots with them. Makes drawing samples and transfers much easier and you can also do gravity closed transfers.

Good choice on the Fermonsters. Hope you got spigots with them. Makes drawing samples and transfers much easier and you can also do gravity closed transfers.
No spigot yet, want to do one of my NEIPA’s first, need to get an idea where the hop levels are going to be.

No spigot yet, want to do one of my NEIPA’s first, need to get an idea where the hop levels are going to be.

Im thinking about adding the spigot at about 4-6” up and fitting a stainless tube, bent at a 90*. Pretty sure I could turn the entire spigot/90 to adjust to different trub levels.

I don't have a picture of it, but as my spigots are a little low on my fermenters, I just put a wedge under them to tip them back last brew.
After cold crashing and putting the fermenters on the bench to drain to kegs, I put the wedges there as well to keep the hop debris from heading for the keg. This last batch had nearly 10oz of dry hops per 5.5 gallons.
As I got near the end I removed the wedges, and then tipped as needed to get all of that delicious beer out.
Worked like a charm. I forget who gave me that idea, might have been @BOB357 .

Nothing that can't be fixed with some gorilla snot (3M weather stripping adhesive). It's pretty much like the laminating cement used for Formica counter tops..

Assorted goodness from Deer Creek Malthouse.
Pale, pils, oats, wheat, rye, Vienna, Munich, spelt, triticale...
Plus a couple of pint glasses and two 4-packs of Malthouse beer, 1 stout and 1 pils.

Next up for me is an Oat Malt Stout.

EED3A883-15D9-42BE-8362-953AFD72ECFE.jpeg

Assorted goodness from Deer Creek Malthouse.
Pale, pils, oats, wheat, rye, Vienna, Munich, spelt, triticale...
Plus a couple of pint glasses and two 4-packs of Malthouse beer, 1 stout and 1 pils.

Next up for me is an Oat Malt Stout.

View attachment 9870
Oh my my Megary what a haul indeed I'm sure your. Happy brewer indeed :):):)!

All the parts finally game. Installed tankless RO system, in-line tds meter and t’d off to a flow meter so I can fill the kettle while I weigh and mill grains.
so far looks like it’s taking the tds down from 243 to around 7-9. Just mailed in sample to ward labs for analysis, water here is unbelievably hard.
28A01857-E901-4354-A2F5-28C12B4708DE.jpeg
0B93AD57-CD60-479E-AE9A-D72064C68650.jpeg

Back