What are you drinking right now?

I think I like the idea of these beers better than I like the beer itself. Still, very good of course. Caramel and chocolate dominate and a warm alcohol finish. I just can’t get all gushy over it.

F9066174-AAEA-4B9B-BE39-081F0E2918F2.jpeg

I think I like the idea of these beers better than I like the beer itself. Still, very good of course. Caramel and chocolate dominate and a warm alcohol finish. I just can’t get all gushy over it.

View attachment 19980
At 11.3% it should definitely have a warm alcohol finish! I have had that one, it is nice on occasion.

I just opened a bottle of Belgian Pale Ale, bottled a week ago. Damn it, I’m more patient than this. The beer is nowhere near ready, with only the tiniest bit of fizz, but it tastes good. I will exhibit restraint, and wait at least another week before opening another. I’m down to my last bottle of MentoRed, and a couple bottles of Dubbel Switch. I’ve got a batch of Azacca pale ale awaiting a dry hops charge, and I’ll be brewing up a stout tomorrow. In the meantime, I can find beer at BJ’s, I guess.

Bronzen Schild, a product of the Brouwerij Van Steenberge in Ertvelde Belgium. A tripel at 10.5%, I got it at the local Lidl. Delicious, very Belgian, warm and boozy with nice sweet maltiness. Plun, raisin, cherry, sherry. View attachment 19990
Are you on the road, or do you just like pouring in plastic picnic cups?

Sometimes the plastic wins, sometimes not. That's what I had in my hand when I went to the fridge. Please don't judge me! :rolleyes:
Hey no worse than my JAM Jar beer glasses:).

I can't believe no one's called me out on them before.
I do see hipster cafe's doing drinks in them though...

I just opened a bottle of Belgian Pale Ale, bottled a week ago. Damn it, I’m more patient than this. The beer is nowhere near ready, with only the tiniest bit of fizz, but it tastes good. I will exhibit restraint, and wait at least another week before opening another. I’m down to my last bottle of MentoRed, and a couple bottles of Dubbel Switch. I’ve got a batch of Azacca pale ale awaiting a dry hops charge, and I’ll be brewing up a stout tomorrow. In the meantime, I can find beer at BJ’s, I guess.
Having a similar experience with my Goose Island Hex Nut Brown. Wonderful flavor, just not quite as fizzy as I'd like it. Getting there slowly though. Get the little CO2 cloud in the bottle when I pop the top, but no significant head. Had one that looked pretty good, and had excellent retention, and laced the glass top to bottom. This is gonna be a GOOD beer when it's done.

Back