What are you drinking right now?

My cream ale tapping. It still needs to settle a bit but should please all during the holidays
20181214_182839-1080x1440.jpg

At the Sierra Nevada taproom tonight drinking the resilient with the wife.
20181215_184702.jpg

They have several beers here that don't leave Chico. A Gothic pilsner, an estate homegrown ipa grown from hops in the hop yard on the brewery property. This one looks interesting. Chocolate Chipotle stout.

20181215_184000.jpg

At the Sierra Nevada taproom tonight drinking the resilient with the wife. View attachment 4598

They have several beers here that don't leave Chico. A Gothic pilsner, an estate homegrown ipa grown from hops in the hop yard on the brewery property. This one looks interesting. Chocolate Chipotle stout.

View attachment 4599
I'm envious! Can't wait till all the local Resiliant ipa's start dropping.

Finished off my last batch of Pube Ale just in time to keg the next one. My first time trying Nottingham yeast instead of Thames Valley, not sure how it's going to affect the flavour.

At the Sierra Nevada taproom tonight drinking the resilient with the wife. View attachment 4598

View attachment 4599
Yum! They do distribute Southern Gothic (at least to the southeastern US). That estate/homegrown hop beer sounds delicious.

3DE67BC1-2075-4A20-AC6F-CC20C16A5A4D.jpeg

2E097122-F1E0-4CAB-9B26-0C95508F6902.jpeg

Before and after of the Guinness Dry Irish Stout clone we brewed a while back... even more delicious than its name sake.

Attachments

• CB43A91D-625D-4118-8161-9A7A2C3E0ADB.jpeg
    CB43A91D-625D-4118-8161-9A7A2C3E0ADB.jpeg
    711.7 KB · Views: 75
  • CD3CEC8A-0F3B-4EA9-BBA4-A09A8BC420A5.jpeg
    CD3CEC8A-0F3B-4EA9-BBA4-A09A8BC420A5.jpeg
    711.7 KB · Views: 78
Yum! They do distribute Southern Gothic (at least to the southeastern US). That estate/homegrown hop beer sounds delicious.

I guess there must be beers coming out of the Mills River brewery that I don't get here. Interesting. Ken basically built a brewery 3000 miles away and gave it to his son LOL. The demographics and the products are bound to be different. The Chocolate Chipotle Stout is a "Trip in the Woods" release so I know you can get it in stores too although it is small release and I don't see it in grocery stores. I get it at the brewery either in crowlers or in the gift shop in bottles. I see it at Costco too from time to time. There are several (chocolate cherry stout etc.) and all barrel aged.

I guess there must be beers coming out of the Mills River brewery that I don't get here. Interesting. Ken basically built a brewery 3000 miles away and gave it to his son LOL. The demographics and the products are bound to be different. The Chocolate Chipotle Stout is a "Trip in the Woods" release so I know you can get it in stores too although it is small release and I don't see it in grocery stores. I get it at the brewery either in crowlers or in the gift shop in bottles. I see it at Costco too from time to time. There are several (chocolate cherry stout etc.) and all barrel aged.
I've been to the Mills River location, which to me was the beer equivalent of Willy Wonka's factory :D
The brewery gift shop is the only place I've seen the Trip in the Woods beers around here. I managed to snag a salted caramel scotch ale (or something of the like, it's been a year or two).

Back