What are you drinking right now?

First proper pull of a chilled brown ale. So good the wife wanted half a pint herself!
Happy fall!

Attachments

• 15389282009721002753923.jpg
    15389282009721002753923.jpg
    720.2 KB · Views: 114
darn right I spent way too much on commercial beer last week, I could had made 20 gallons for the price I paid for a case

Ohhhhhhh boy I can't describe how delicious this is right now. I went to Winco and there it was in the reefer calling to me. It tastes like creamy coffee and chocolate and dark fruit and Carmely burnt candy. Black yummyness. I want to replicate it.
20181010_205215.jpg

Ohhhhhhh boy I can't describe how delicious this is right now. I went to Winco and there it was in the reefer calling to me. It tastes like creamy coffee and chocolate and dark fruit and Carmely burnt candy. Black yummyness. I want to replicate it. View attachment 4071
That is a great beer. This time of year when the seasonals come out it makes it really fun to grab milk or bread from the store on the way home;)

50238F1E-7F6B-4CE7-AE79-92EF834825F9.jpeg
Elysian Space Dust. Purchased a single of this a couple weeks back at a mix and match section at our local beer distributor. My son and I both got some interesting beers, but I really enjoyed this IPA so went out and got some more. Cheers!

For those of you who read my brewtorial in hoopers thread here is my first burst carbed sample of that Summertime Lager with 3kg gladfield pilsner .5kg vienna and .5kg rice flakes. I got 85% attenuation out of a dry pitched 34/70 fermentis pack OG 1.052 FG 1.008! Man I love this yeast. I started ferment at 12c then let climb to 14c after a few days then set at 16c and went camping it had some lag time 36hrs but fermentor had a good juicy krausen ring on it when returning home. Not a bad burst carb sample I didnt finn with geletin just racked as is. It's got a nice honey malt smell/sweetness. Cheers
20181015_171845.jpg

I agree on the yeast, it's my go to yeast now for liter beers, you can even use it at ale temperatures

I agree on the yeast, it's my go to yeast now for liter beers, you can even use it at ale temperatures
Yep very robust and forgivable I sorta stuffed up at start if ferment and had my heat belt strapped close to where my prob was. I was wondering why my chamber was running alot and at 9c my fermentor was yo yo ing like crazy ha ha but yeast still fired up and got the job done. I suspect my high attenuation may have to do with low mash in temp and rice flakes but its probably all the yeasts work.

Beautiful day in Colorado. Perfect evening for a Berliner on the patio.
View attachment 4131
Very nice! That what evenings like them are for drink it all in.
Reminds me of my twilight evening watching a pair of black cockatoos tear shut out of the gum trees up above me whilst I bathed in my swimming pool drinking my strawberry wheat beer "ah the surrenity":p.

Back