What are you drinking right now?

Another local one, not too far from where I used to live. Avondale Brewing.
image.jpg

Pretty sure I taste the bite of Centennial hops in this one. Malty, but not sweet. Actually a decent balance of bitterness and malt, because the bitter doesn’t linger. Decent beer this.

Just realized I caught the edge of my hat. Adelaide Crows Aussie Rules Football. That has to be the best example of organized chaos I can think of. Fun to watch though.

I've tried kaffir lime in some of my beers but couldn't taste it in the end product.
Wondering if I should use them like a dry hop maybe?
Or, more likely, my tastebuds aren't sophisticated enough
Definitely a lime kick to the one I posted. Most of the whopping 15 IBU of bitterness is probably from the chamomile.

Just gotta get finished with a few projects around here. Got my version of @Bulin's Milker Bucket Brews Three Day Weekend sitting in the fermenter waiting to be bottled. Holding it at 6C. I reckon it’s about as close to a lager as I can get it. But it’s giving me a chance to try some different local brew. Lots of’em on the shelves during the summer. Had some Trim Tab stuff a couple weeks ago. It was good, but certainly not worth up to 3X the cost of some other local brews. I think I’ve made some better than that. If for no other reason than time, I gotta get it in gear and move to kegging. Gotta update the fermenter to a pressure ratee one first. Then invest in some of the mini kegs that will fit in the fridge.
Going to brew a batch myself next Saturday.

Trying something new. Hazy IPA. Almost like taking a big bite of mango. Full on olfactory overload with hops aroma, then the taste of the Citra takes over the aroma. Quite malty, too. I’ll have to defer any questions about ABY or IBU to the Good People website.

This is LOADED with Citra. Still deciding what I think about it.
5970FC2C-30FF-4A3C-A998-77C13D599CAE.jpeg

It’s a Good People brew, and so far, I haven’t had a Good People brew that I didn’t like at least a little bit. I typically avoid IPAs but the missus got this as my reward for the parking area project. Still gotta procure and spread about 10 yards of gravel, but finished the backfill and grading today.

Backside of the Hazy Snake can. Amusing label.
image.jpg

Last edited:
First daytime photo (and beer) in a while. Sierra Nevada’s take on Blue Moon. Very citrusy, and no real hint of hops, but I know there’s hops there. Gotta say low IBU, but unsweetened citrus sorta balances the malt. Should be very refreshing on a hot afternoon. Of course we’re having a very mild one today. 5% ABV, so perhaps a little heavy after exerting yard work, but a decent poke at Blue Moon’s market. A little fruitier, IMO.
040DAC90-CC1A-4684-93BF-F777AD3E8683.jpeg

Got a Kona Brewing sampler 12 pack, too. I’ve only had Big Wave, so looking forward to more tasting.

Now I know why I readily do whatever the missus asks me to do.

Huh! I just finished my last bottle of your 60 shilling, paired with an all-time favorite: home made chicken salad on a REAL toasted onion bagel. (Now don't get me started on bagels.)

Both were delicious.

7E753FD6-8BF4-4DA2-A311-30C5A5200213.jpeg

Huh! I just finished my last bottle of your 60 shilling, paired with an all-time favorite: home made chicken salad on a REAL toasted onion bagel. (Now don't get me started on bagels.)

Both were delicious.

View attachment 25645
Hopefully it paired well.
I’m having one too
IMG_4453.jpeg

A little late, but I hope all had a memorable Memorial Day weekend, and took a moment to give homage to those that are the reason we have a national holiday.

Thanks to all that have served, still serve, and will serve. You’ve given me a pretty good life. Your sacrifice and patriotism isn’t lost on me.

I raise my glass in your honor.

Mahalo! Big Wave! Had the light version last night. Strangely enough, it just tasted like a watered down version of Big Wave. Not a big fan of light beer anyway, so maybe a little biased.

Back