What are you drinking right now?

Red lager
20230205_150338.jpg

Dry sherry I bought in for Christmas as Aldi didn't have theirs available. Good dryness but rounded mouthfeel rather than sharp as I prefer. Does the job it is supposed to do but can't recommend this.
MyDSC2S1-028.jpg

My Sauvignon Blanc [12.5%] bottled September 2022. Ice cold. Not quite as dry as expected. But bursting with taste of grapes and a nice amount of citrus. Very pleased how this has turned out already.
MyDSC2S1-029.jpg

Had a bottle of it once. It was a nice sip and read by the fire beer
Until ya fall asleep. 11%, so VERY boozy, but quite yummy. This stuff will induce a papa nap after only a couple. I get a hint of coconut in the flavor.

The missus saw the photo on the label and the name, and the first person she thought of was me. I think it looks nothing like me because I don’t have a hat like that. The axe, beard, plaid shirt, covered, though. This might be one of those photos for a lookalike contest.

Last edited:
Until ya fall asleep. 11%, so VERY boozy, but quite yummy. This stuff will induce a papa nap after only a couple. I get a hint of coconut in the flavor.

The missus saw the photo on the label and the name, and the first person she thought of was me. I think it looks nothing like me because I don’t have a hat like that. The axe, beard, plaid shirt, covered, though. This might be one of those photos for a lookalike contest.
It suits you roadie:p.

I was starting to miss your essay long posts and here you popped up:).

Was starting to get concerned for your health ;)...

It suits you roadie:p.

I was starting to miss your essay long posts and here you popped up:).

Was starting to get concerned for your health ;)...
It’s all good, mate. Just busy with some renovations. The missus and I are overhauling the hallway. Stripped off acoustic ceiling ( popcorn). New attic ladder, replaced two doors, stripped and refinished three more, ripped out the old carpet, ripped out parquet flooring, primed all surfaces. At the blank canvas stage now. Gonna add chair rail and paint wainscot (dark grey low, light grey high). First part of multiple upgrade projects to update a house built in the 70’s. Well actually 2nd part. First project was back in 2008, Gutted the lounge room and eliminated the fireplace because of the size of the room versus the size of our family. Now the projects are aimed at downsizing if we can get rid of the extra tenants. The missus took all the photos, so look for’em in the DIY thread when we’re done.

But what the heck could this be?
Infected brew (clearly looked like it but doubting because of results), clesr taste of either fusel/high alcohols or something tasting really really awful
Fermented at way too high temperature, bottled in a way that promotes oxygen and very drinkable after 2-3 monthd

Correction on the above. This beer was actually temperature controlled.
I forgot. No wonder, as I drank 2 pints of it. And had also forgotten that this was an 8.5 % beer :oops:

Bunjippy

View attachment 24096
Followed by Belgian pale ale followed by simple cider.
Not feeling too clever this morning, but I was mourning the dead of my inkbird.
Well, not dead, but it causes the system to trip and I can't find out why
Inkbirds are cheaper than refrigerators. If it is tripping stuff, time to put that one to sleep.

My wife used to plug in deck string lights outside without a surge protector. We get a lot of rain in the summer. Those lights popped the breaker a few too many times. After having to pay an electrician to fix my kitchen outlets, I bought a really nice, outdoor surge protector from Home Depot.

Yep
But it's a sometime trip. Earth leak is what causes the system to trip and not sure if the inkbird is the culprit.
Been running OK (knock on wood) now.
I’m gonna assume’earth leak’ is the same thing as a ground fault. That usually means line current and neutral current don’t add to zero (current out = current in) on 110V circuits or the line currents for both legs of a 220V circuit aren’t equal and opposite. Since the Inkbird controller is all plastic, that’s not likely to be the problem unless water is dripping on it. IIRC, there wasn’t even a connection for’earth’ or ground on the device. Put a GFCI adapter on the source feeding the Inkbird and you’ll know soon enough.

The fridge is pretty much all metal and has the only place where the ground (earth) conductor is connected to the frame, giving the easiest path to ground (earth). IF it’s sitting on concrete, that’s another path to earth. GFCI breakers are extremely sensitive (which is a good thing if you happen to be providing the path to ground). Since you have 220V 50Hz power, you have no neutral, only two power conductors. GFCI hardware is even more sensitive on 220V circuits. Unplug the fridge, and measure resistance of each power conductor to ground(earth). That’ll give you some indication of the status of the fridge. You want the resistance of each leg to ground (earth) as high as you can get it. Or just plug it in without Inkbird to see if the breaker still trips. I used isolation relays with my Inkbird to bump up the current rating of the contacts, as well as let me have extra contacts for some belts and suspender wiring that guarantees I’ll never have heat and cooling on at the same time.

My Grenache Rose [11.5%] bottled May 2022. This was with lunch as I had a Salmon and Prawn sandwich and it seemed like the best thing to go with it - turned out to be right.
MyDSC2S1-030.jpg

Very late evening meal, busy day getting little completed. Ready for this: My Pride of London Porter [4.5%] bottled the same month. Seems like a full developed body and flavour although I still can't quite taste chocolate in a Porter yet. And I do know it is dark bitter chocolate people are talking about. Thin, fast dissipating head but lasting carb and lacing.
MyDSC2S1-031.jpg

Back