What are you drinking right now?

Nothing. Going dry for a few weeks. I went nuts with brewing and drinking the nectar last year and packed on more pounds than I can afford. In the next month or so I'll brew a lager and let it condition a few weeks so it will be ready when I am ready to get back on the horse.

Just one pint of my Brown Ale. The natural carbonation lasted a good fortnight and about half the 4.5 gallons in the 5 gal keg. I stuck a bulb in and it came out even better.

Followed by an Irish Coffee with chocolate swiss roll. Apologies for poor photo quality but the food & drink were good.
MyDSC2S1-006.jpg
MyDSC2S1-007.jpg

Nothing. Going dry for a few weeks. I went nuts with brewing and drinking the nectar last year and packed on more pounds than I can afford. In the next month or so I'll brew a lager and let it condition a few weeks so it will be ready when I am ready to get back on the horse.
Yeah, not exactly dry, just a bit moist perhaps. Need to lose weight as my A1c is not getting better. The occasional beer or gin & (diet) tonic is where we are.

So the real answer is water!

I’m taking days off each week through February. Basketball will keep me busy and drinking at 10pm then getting up for school isn’t the most intelligent thing for me to do. I have gained 10 pounds since fall break in October so this should help that too. tonight though….
Heading out with a buddy and his family to “Patties and Pints” excellent burgers and 50 taps. Maybe even some music the kids love the place to.

Still Pear Reserve Cider [Dec 2021] 7 %. Sweetness has rounded out wonderfully especially as it came off the chill whilst I drank very slowly. Went great with Cornish Cheddar Cheese. Not gone near the carbonated since shortly after bottling the main batch which I think was 6%.

Not so disciplined with the 10 year old Tawny Port I picked up from Aldi. Three glasses of that with some blue cheese. All their port has been fab so far, think I have tried four different ones altogether. It doesn't come cheap but great value compared to other outlets. I brewed the above Pear Reserve in a demi-john which a gallon of Fletcher's tawny came in a few Christmas's back. Thought I'd revisit that.

MyDSC2S1-008.jpg
MyDSC2S1-009.jpg

Still Pear Reserve Cider [Dec 2021] 7 %. Sweetness has rounded out wonderfully especially as it came off the chill whilst I drank very slowly. Went great with Cornish Cheddar Cheese. Not gone near the carbonated since shortly after bottling the main batch which I think was 6%.

Not so disciplined with the 10 year old Tawny Port I picked up from Aldi. Three glasses of that with some blue cheese. All their port has been fab so far, think I have tried four different ones altogether. It doesn't come cheap but great value compared to other outlets. I brewed the above Pear Reserve in a demi-john which a gallon of Fletcher's tawny came in a few Christmas's back. Thought I'd revisit that.

View attachment 23822 View attachment 23823
Stay still man!
Making my head spin:D

Stay still man!
Making my head spin:D
Been years since I used a camera of any kind. I only get several seconds to take each shot with this little freebie digi thing before it goes off. o_O Mostly I miss the deadline and it takes 3-4 attempts on each picture so they are a bit rushed but I am starting to get the hang of it.

So the real answer is water!

Extra pointage for honesty Don!

Meanwhile in wetland...taste test time with the partigyled product..and oh boy! One week in the conditioner and using my anxiety bottles to sample them...the Albany needs to smooth out another week at least and I can't fathom that Wifey liked it more than the PG Brown which was so coffee and toffee and the 6% helped with my pleasure. Well worth the long brew day!
20230113_173742.jpg

Back