What are you drinking right now?

OK, here's the terrible picture
IMG_20221120_151201.jpg

Now for the taste. The rest will be lagered of course. It’s super malty with a nice floral spice from the hops. Clean finish, well attenuated. Really tasty to a malt head like me. The extra hops above a typical Dunkel make this really nice imo. We’ll see what a month in the fridge does.

I was real good and managed to save sample bottle 2 for today.
IMG_20221121_164544.jpg

Better picture as well and improved taste. Head is pretty terrible, but that could also be carbonation.
I moved another bottle to the fridge. Carbonation seems much better now, based on the squeeze test ;)
Taste is pretty good. Starting to taste fruity instead of only sweet
Not sure if I mentioned before but this is a 100 % pilsner, fermented at (too) high temperature. (styrian & saaz hop)

HB brown ale. Would like it to clear up, but I'm very happy with the flavor. Should go good with some turkey and stuffing
View attachment 23163
That reminds me, I should try 1 tonight before bringing a case into work potluck tomorrow. Ya know, quality control and whatnot

Another 100 % pilsner M47.
Taste is moorish.
Head retention not great, but my test bottles (pet) show that carbonation is getting there. i'll put some more bottles cold tomorrow morning.

IMG_20221122_165103.jpg

Followed by simple cider
IMG_20221122_181143.jpg

Meanwhile, the weather changed totally
Thunder, lightning, heavy wind, rain.
2 frightened dog and one that doesn't care.
Soaking wet everywhere

Another 100 % pilsner M47.
Taste is moorish.
Head retention not great, but my test bottles (pet) show that carbonation is getting there. i'll put some more bottles cold tomorrow morning.

View attachment 23170

Followed by simple cider
View attachment 23169
Once you get used to your bottles, you won't need to do the PET thing if you can get a manual capper. I like using the long necks because I can fill about to the same spot every time. If you are using table sugar, calculate and measure the equivalent of 5 oz of corn sugar for your bottling bucket. That seems to work. For a Belgian, I would carb it the full 14 days, for others around 11 seems to work.
I did screw up carbonating a Belgian getting used to a new kitchen scale. My last two have been spot on once I got used to the piece of shi*t.

Once you get used to your bottles, you won't need to do the PET thing if you can get a manual capper. I like using the long necks because I can fill about to the same spot every time. If you are using table sugar, calculate and measure the equivalent of 5 oz of corn sugar for your bottling bucket. That seems to work. For a Belgian, I would carb it the full 14 days, for others around 11 seems to work.
I did screw up carbonating a Belgian getting used to a new kitchen scale. My last two have been spot on once I got used to the piece of shi*t.
I like filling 1 or 2 pet bottles. My carbonation takes place in a cooler box. Outside temperatures fluctuate tremendously so a little squeeze gives a lot of info

Back