What are you drinking right now?

Having a Frankenbeer II. This stuff is gettin' GOOD. Color is spot on with the calculators, if not a little bit lighter. I'm diggin the combination of the hops mix and the corn. The corn is almost like having sweet corn off the cob, and the hops balances very nicely, and the 6-row is very different from 2-row, but just don't know how to describe it. It certainly works with flaked corn. Me and the LHBS guy bounced hops ideas off each other for this, so it's got input from the both of us. Gonna have to watch my step-son if he gets one of these. I think I'm gonna do this again with a different yeast to see what happens, but I could re-pitch with the yeast from this batch. The Speckled Hen should be getting close to cold crashing, which will free up the fermenter. Can't abide an empty fermenter with what I've invested in hardware in the past 6 months.

I need to figure out what style this fits in. Sort of like a cream ale, really.

I'm drinking my Juicy beer. I took it up to a professional tonight, and my under hopping was confirmed. It is still damn tasty. I might have to create a New England Juicy Blonde category. LOL
Nothing wrong there.

Nothing wrong there.
Josh I am brewing next weekend, but I am serious about trying a lager during the winter before I start working weekends. If I were to try a 6 row Pre Pro lager using a German Lager yeast, do you have a preference from what you can get from White Labs? I know I still have a lot to learn about the procedure, but I am trying to work on a recipe, and I saw you online tonight.

Josh I am brewing next weekend, but I am serious about trying a lager during the winter before I start working weekends. If I were to try a 6 row Pre Pro lager using a German Lager yeast, do you have a preference from what you can get from White Labs? I know I still have a lot to learn about the procedure, but I am trying to work on a recipe, and I saw you online tonight.

Not used 6 row or white labs.

Fermentis 34/70 is hard to beat and super forgiving for lagers. I’m sure there are America. Strains but hard to go wrong with a German lager strain. It’s pretty clean into the 60s and many go upper 60s with it

Not used 6 row or white labs.

Fermentis 34/70 is hard to beat and super forgiving for lagers. I’m sure there are America. Strains but hard to go wrong with a German lager strain. It’s pretty clean into the 60s and many go upper 60s with it
Thanks. I'll look at that one too. I had a hoppy lager when I was in Asheville at the White Labs brewery where they had used one of their German lager yeasts and it was very tasty. My understanding is that
Pre Pros can be on the hoppy side too which made me think of it. Hell, I think making the recipe might be half the fun.

Thanks. I'll look at that one too. I had a hoppy lager when I was in Asheville at the White Labs brewery where they had used one of their German lager yeasts and it was very tasty. My understanding is that
Pre Pros can be on the hoppy side too which made me think of it. Hell, I think making the recipe might be half the fun.
More than likely 34/70 white labs, Wyeast, and imperial have their own 34/70 strain. Ferment is is dry yeast.

Festbier - after 4 weeks cold conditioning.

Slight sulfur on the nose, crisp, clear-ish (a bit disappointed it’s not crystal). Malt plays up, beer goes down nice and smooth. Lager-like, though it wouldn’t fool the lager police. Not my favorite style, but I’m a bit flushed with this. :)
This was Diamond, maybe next time 34/70 for comparison’s sake.

DF7EB4CF-24EA-4D73-85BD-07B9385AB6E8.jpeg

Slight sulfur on the nose, crisp, clear-ish (a bit disappointed it’s not crystal). Malt plays up, beer goes down nice and smooth. Lager-like, though it wouldn’t fool the lager police. Not my favorite style, but I’m a bit flushed with this. :)

View attachment 23128
Looks wonderful

More than likely 34/70 white labs, Wyeast, and imperial have their own 34/70 strain. Ferment is is dry yeast.
Also, so I can be in line with what this thread is supposed to be about, I did have my absolute favorite lager (A Pre Pro) at the brewery tonight too. These dudes keep making things that I want to make.

View attachment 23128
Lookin good Megary as usual!

View attachment 23128
The only thing I can see wrong with it is that I don't have one to try. Looks really good.

I' m having a simple cider. Yeah!

While contemplating what to do with my other cider batch that didn't turn out too well. Cider vinegar comes to mind

I'm having a test bottle of M47-pilsner malt (100%)
Terrible picture as this was a bottle with a lot of debris (see bottle in background) and some came into the glas.
Nevertheless, the taste is surprisingly good since this batch was fermented at too high temperatures.
Very fruity, which I taste as fruity sweet. Needs more carbonation and longer in the fridge, but I'm happy (as simple cider was treated the same and on same yeast and is terrible)
Got another bottle in the fridge. If I'm strong I'll drink it tomorrow (read: most likely I'll drink it a bit later)

Internet is bad, picture will come in seperate post

Back