What are you drinking right now?

Makes me think of trying a galangal beer :confused:
Just wondering if that would work.
Anyone ever tried?

Makes me think of trying a galangal beer :confused:
Just wondering if that would work.
Anyone ever tried?
That's similar to ginger no?
If so that and kafir lime well that's where I'm steering next saison.

This saisons got some good flavour from the yeast it's like sorta mustardy/spicy.
I thought this was from Using Tumeric but nope it's def yeast driven.

So inused 50g in boil and 200g flameout whirlpool cool down overnight .
It's got a good firm bittering bite but not offensive

Well not a home brew as such but some that @Trialben may know off...

12 tins of Chris (HarryBrew's) fine ales going in to the fridge to cool down for tonight - only 3 to drink tonight though!)

I'll let you know what they are like. I already did a version of of the Vacant Gesture (https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/1036040/pretty-vacant-gesture) so it will be interesting to see the differences. One major one was mine was not a success...
upload_2022-5-13_14-48-36.png

Water for me right now as my wife and I are getting ready for a week on the Oregon coast, flying out early tomorrow morning. Packing, cleaning house, getting ready to board one of our 2 cats at the vet for the week (health issues), picking up my wife’s car from the body shop, among other things. I know I’ll be drinking a beer or three this evening, then waking up around 4:00 tomorrow morning to get to the airport.

Well not a home brew as such but some that @Trialben may know off...

12 tins of Chris (HarryBrew's) fine ales going in to the fridge to cool down for tonight - only 3 to drink tonight though!)

I'll let you know what they are like. I already did a version of of the Vacant Gesture (https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/1036040/pretty-vacant-gesture) so it will be interesting to see the differences. One major one was mine was not a success...
View attachment 20649
Woohoo you little Ripper Alan :).
Oh some best Bitter too I watched his comparrison vid last not on the 5 points best bitter. He's an honest man enjoy your stash of Harrison's finest.

Now the Plum Porter is one I'd like to have a sample of if you ever get a chance...

image.jpg
My stout, after a long day of preparation for travel. This is the third bottle out of the batch, two of which were carbonated, and one was flat. In each case, I like the aroma and flavor, but feel more carbonation would improve the mouthfeel. Not bad for my first stab at the style, I think I will brew this recipe again.

A taste of Light Yardwork, with Mosaic, Citra and Idaho 7. About 10% wheat, with Cara Munich and Crystal 80, and a dose of brown sugar. Burlington Ale Yeast. Not bitter, and smooth.
070ACF76-FCA3-4254-A0B6-E28F00811D37.jpeg
One of my best so far, and definitely the best in terms of hop aroma and flavor. (Apologies for the sideways pic)

Same had a sample of Syla Strength
20220514_160151.jpg

Lovely and Boozy.
And now drinking
20220514_165559.jpg

Uncarbonated ginger beer yeah not Diablo ginger beer brewed not far from Me but a damned great version of my own.
I got 2lt ahead of me mmmm and looking forward to it uncarbed and all:D'

Now why no carbonation
20220514_165623.jpg

This cap I believe is why not a good seal anywho won't use this growler no more and teaches me to bottle in 2lt bottles lol.
Cheers hic

Ok ok I mighta got that wrong lol after another three mugs of this I've come to the conclusion that I simply didn't use enough carb sugar

Last edited:

Back