What are you drinking right now?

View attachment 19364 MentoRed goes well with my Niçoise salad
You know what it don't go well with.

Well I made some pan gravey awhile back and had this light bulbs moment "oh they use wine in gravey I'll chuck some beer in".

Well I made a nice thick gravey but it was bitter as hell and so offensive I couldn't eat my chips that were slathered underneath it!

I'm expecting it was the hops:D

Saw this at the store and thought this is the closest thing to MentorRed I can get until I brew one! Haha I did a double take on the name. Love this brewery, solid beer as always. I'm sure the IBUs are higher than the quarterly brew seeing as it's a red IPA. Cheers!
20220212_192854.jpg
20220212_154555.jpg

Chocolate oatmeal stout. I opened the first bottle a little too early. Wasn't nearly fizzy enough to make me happy, yet, I'd waited my normal 4-6 days with it conditioning under my magical stairs. Didn't work this time. Had to wait nearly 10 days before it got to the point I REALLY like it. The cacao was a bit overbearing and too bitter until it aged a bit. Now, after 3 weeks in bottle, this stuff will make ya slap ya tongue for having too much fun. This is hands-down the best stout I've made. This is a very nummy winter beer, but I'd drink it any time. The more it ages, the gentler the cacao. I figured out all I needed was a good vigorous pour to put a head on it. The head still tends to disappear pretty quick, but I'm not surprised with the oils from the cacao. There's barely any residual yeast in the bottom of the bottle, so that tells me I got a much more complete ferment this time. It's close to 6.5%, so gotta pace myself on it or I get a little numb in the face.

IMG_2902[1].JPG

Back