What are you drinking right now?

I just poured this, and it is sooo good!
20220205_182802.jpg

Stone IPA. Earlier had a British Bitter on Nitro that was delicous!! Surprisingly citrusy in aroma, and a good strong bitterness. So I'm thinking EKG rather than Fuggles? The bartenders at the brewery hated pouring it (I don't think their beer gas line is properly balanced) so I didn't want to ask any questions. Might try to email and ask for more info on the recipe.

Stone IPA. Earlier had a British Bitter on Nitro that was delicous!! Surprisingly citrusy in aroma, and a good strong bitterness. So I'm thinking EKG rather than Fuggles? The bartenders at the brewery hated pouring it (I don't think their beer gas line is properly balanced) so I didn't want to ask any questions. Might try to email and ask for more info on the recipe.
Probably more likely Goldings. Yep share if they share :)

Latest offering from my GAPA beer exchange program, which coincidentally is a GAPA IPA - a black IPA that I rarely find in breweries. Juniata Brewing, voted the best brewery in Huntington, PA…..because it’s the only one. I also like the economical “one can fits all” with paper file labels to identify the beers.

Attachments

• 5333BDC5-2B5B-4B23-9FA1-625A97B96D1B.jpeg
    5333BDC5-2B5B-4B23-9FA1-625A97B96D1B.jpeg
    163.9 KB · Views: 35
Well as I posted a few weeks ago, I brewed the Irish Fling Red Ale and accidentally used Lactose instead of Lactic Acid... duh!
I bottled the batch and it wasn't until then I realised my error so I left the entire batch bottled but unlabled with the intention to pour it all down the drain when I needed the bottles.
I am glad I didn't now as I opened one to taste while bottling the MentoRed this afternoon. It has mellowed over time and it doesn't have that cloying sweetness that was there when first bottled. It has turned out a very pleasant flavour - just a bit sweeter than it should be. Ignoring that it is a well balanced brew with a lovely red colour and lives up to it's name. I'm glad I didn't Fling it away - see what I did there...

upload_2022-2-8_18-54-3.png

Last edited:
Well as I posted a few weeks ago, I brewed the Irish Fling Red Ale and accidentally used Lactose instead of Lactic Acid... duh!
I bottled the batch and it wasn't until then I realised my error so I left the entire batch bottled but unlabled with the intention to pour it all down the drain when I needed the bottles.
I am glad I didn't now as I opened one to taste while bottling the MentoRed this afternoon. It has mellowed over time and it doesn't have that cloying sweetness that was there when first bottled. It has turned out a very pleasant flavour - just a bit sweeter than it should be. Ignoring that it is a well balanced brew with a lovely red colour and lives up to it's name. I'm glad I didn't Fling it away - see what I did there...

View attachment 19325
Sometimes it just pays off not to be hasty condemning your brew, unless, you forget to take the blow off tube out of the Star San when cold crashing and you end up with Star San Saison:rolleyes:

Sometimes it just pays off not to be hasty condemning your brew, unless, you forget to take the blow off tube out of the Star San when cold crashing and you end up with Star San Saison:rolleyes:
Been there, did that... except it was a hefe. I still cry over that lost beer.

Back