What are you drinking right now?

That’s one of our favorites. Brewed a clone as a matter of fact!
I really enjoy it. Unfortunately, Bell's doesn't distribute in Colorado so I have to pick it up when traveling.

20180126_214820.jpg

This mango Saison was well recieved yesterday for Aussie Day celebrations. Im wondering how this would go with pineapples as i live in a big pineapple producing area heck the "Big Pineapple" is just down the road from here.

20180127_203406.jpg

Drinking one of my Belgian singles before dinner. First brew with actual temp control.

I've got 2 chilling right now, one with eureka hops and one with experimental something or other. Hoping to try those tonight too

Attachments

• 15173580469441220385289.jpg
    15173580469441220385289.jpg
    648.3 KB · Views: 99
Tried the test batch with eureka hops. Very nice and juicy. Not as dank as when I bottled though. I think this one would go nicely in a NEIPA

Drinking one of my Belgian singles before dinner. First brew with actual temp control.

I've got 2 chilling right now, one with eureka hops and one with experimental something or other. Hoping to try those tonight too
Dude, I've tasted your beers and would have sworn you were controlling temperatures! You've entered a whole new world, my friend, a world of ultra-clean lagers and precisely fermented ales. Hope to try another of yours sometime soon!

Dude, I've tasted your beers and would have sworn you were controlling temperatures! You've entered a whole new world, my friend, a world of ultra-clean lagers and precisely fermented ales. Hope to try another of yours sometime soon!
Why thank you! I dabbled with swamp coolers, and thankfully we were in a basement condo before. But now I've gone digital baby!

you read my mind, I've been thinking about one, might have to trade my English pub beer for a Kolsch for my next brew

you read my mind, I've been thinking about one, might have to trade my English pub beer for a Kolsch for my next brew
I’m open to try your recipe if your okay with sharing. I love the crisp and subtleness. We’ve brewed nothing but ‘big’ flavored ales... what a great change of pace.

mash how every you like I do a single then a true mash out and fly sparge with 80 to 85% it varies

I tell ya though this last brew was an accident but I started at 130 and slowly heated up to 152 while recirculating then held it at 152 for 45 minutes then 168 for 10 minutes and an hour fly sparge with the heat off and got crazy efficiency, I have a 25 gallon boil pot and was boiling 15 gallons to start and it boiled over, that's never happened

I’ll shoot for a 152 mash for 60. My efficiency has been running around 73% for the past several brews, including the current Kolsch. Considering you are at 80-85%, I might up the grainbill accordingly.

just copy the recipe the change the percentage and the batch size
Just looking it over now. Yep, gotta scale it both ways.... efficiency and 6 gallon to 5 gallon. The recipe calls for 149 mash... you think 152 or 149?

Back