What are you drinking right now?

Having a Sunkiss @ Jackass Brewing
16270683163968612606348122675634.jpg

image.jpg
MPS, my Belgian Dubbel. Wow, this is a fine brew. It is a big beer, with an aroma that hints of banana; there is some spice in a nice full body; it is kinda boozy at 7.6% abv. I think this will be very nice in the cooler months.
Oh yeah, to the right of my beer is my sourdough starter, fed and ready for making bread.

Chipping away at the beer club shirt at the burger joint again :) I think @Craigerrr and @Frankenbrewer would love this beer: aromatic dry hopped lager with Lemondrop, Motueka, Saaz and Loral hops. Zero lager flavor. Basically just a carrier for hop aroma and flavor. Lots of juicy aroma and taste. If it was more balanced with even a slight hint of lager crispness it'd be pretty good I think

20210724_134831.jpg

Low Cal IPAs are so trendy these days. This one has lots of hop aroma, but tastes like bitter hop water? Not a lot of malt flavor or mouthfeel. I'm a big fan of the demon mascot, he's very cute :)
View attachment 16774
Yeah, that's one typical downside of brewing low ABV ales, by using less grain you often end up with beer that doesn't have a lot of grain flavor. Adding hops does not compensate.

I have a session ale recipe that I'm still tweaking to avoid the "bitter hop water" thing.

SO LUCKY! Looks great! From the looks of it - it is a true Brown Ale - nutty/carmel/toffee/chocolate - none of that bitter black/dark malt folks up here in New England like to add to Brown Ale (with the exception of Shed's and Smuttynose (old Brown Dog). - Sore topic for me - I love brown ales (not Brown ales that taste like a Porter - if I wanted a porter, I'd order one :) )

Recent Judge rated my Brown Ale as not dark enough! - Because it wasn't black?
20200504_112346_HDR.jpg

SO LUCKY! Looks great! From the looks of it - it is a true Brown Ale - nutty/carmel/toffee/chocolate - none of that bitter black/dark malt folks up here in New England like to add to Brown Ale (with the exception of Shed's and Smuttynose (old Brown Dog). - Sore topic for me - I love brown ales (not Brown ales that taste like a Porter - if I wanted a porter, I'd order one :) )

Recent Judge rated my Brown Ale as not dark enough! - Because it wasn't black? View attachment 16776
+1. That looks like a Brown Ale to me.

I’ve been on a never ending quest to make just the right Stout, Porter and Brown. I’m very happy with my Stout, my Porter is pretty good but always feels like it’s still one alteration away from the right fit…and my Brown is a train wreck. :)

I’ll get there.

Recent Judge rated my Brown Ale as not dark enough! - Because it wasn't black? View attachment 16776
Yeah that looks Delicious wish I had some of that on tap rather than my brown ale lol!

Back