What are you drinking right now?

IMG_20210225_194605643_copy_600x800.jpg

My new fav, lovin it too

Finished my cider. Next batch is still carbonating, batch after that is in fermenter, almost ready for bottling.
Meanwhile, trying to put a dent in my bottle of red wine
Sitting by the fire. Cold this evening: 23 oC

Brewers 1st world problems :D.
How'd the colour turn out for you nosey?
I've still yet to brew a "red" beer intentionally of any description:rolleyes:
Kind of reddish brown. I was lazy and did an extract version, no Maris Otter extract! But it's dry and good so I'm happy with it.

The picture for sure makes it look darker. The color is actually really nice and super clear. Pretty happy with how it turned out!
Yeah at the bottom of the glass you get them ruby highlights.
You should of seen mine after I froze it lol
It lost a few SRM and came out real ruby red .

Henhouse Brewing - Stoked! Single hop Pale with Belma hops. I had never heard of Belma hops, so I consulted my hop Bible and learned that it's a recent release from Yakima Valley (the region, not the company) known for flavor/aroma of orange, strawberry, and melon.

It smells citrusy and I was expecting the heavy/cloyingness of a dank NEIPA type hop, but it's surprisingly bright and clean in the finish. I don't get strawberry or melon, but it's definitely unique and delicious :D
View attachment 14327

Belma has been around for several years now. The only place I saw them was on Hops Direct (Puterbaugh Farms) site, until recently. IIRC, they were developed by Puterbaugh Farms. Tried them shortly after they were released and wasn't impressed. There was virtually no information on them at the time, so was working blind. It appears that they've now found their place and are growing in popularity. Maybe need to try them again with some idea of their use available.

My Model IPA. Another unintentional hazy beer. If this was the norm for NEIPAs, I'd be a fan. Pretty much the balance of a West Coaster, very citrusy, with just a hint of juiciness. Some Evan Williams makes a good back for it :)

Meds.jpg

My Model IPA. Another unintentional hazy beer. If this was the norm for NEIPAs, I'd be a fan. Pretty much the balance of a West Coaster, very citrusy, with just a hint of juiciness. Some Evan Williams makes a good back for it :)

View attachment 14463
Kinda, sorta sounds like a NEIPA...

Back