What are you drinking right now?

Drinking some dam fine beer after cooking some bread and trouble shooting why my heat belt wasn't turning on (heating up) after wiring the temp controller onto freezer (ferm chamber) oh man turns out was a dodgy connection in the recieving wire to the belt (owner is dodgy but not electrocuted lol touch wood):).
20210202_182820.jpg

Drinking some dam fine beer after cooking some bread and trouble shooting why my heat belt wasn't turning on (heating up) after wiring the temp controller onto freezer (ferm chamber) oh man turns out was a dodgy connection in the recieving wire to the belt (owner is dodgy but not electrocuted lol touch wood):).
View attachment 14039
Is that the Wayner's?

Some death wish coffee while I settle in the grade some stuff

A smaple of Shuttz: Pete's Big Brown Ale! - an American brown ale sitting at over 7% ABV! - Nearly 8! I let this one sit in the fermenter for 4 weeks or so and man was it worth it! It has mellowed out nicely! It'll get me pie eyed right quick but it'll probably take Ol' man Pete a few pints before he feels it ;)

PBR right now. Had 4 shots earlier today to get me through renewing a lazy susan shelf unit in a lower kitchen corner cabinet. The original kit was discontinued, so had to do the whole layout. With all of the bending, crawling and other contortions, a couple more would have worked :) Got it done and, once I finish this beer, the pillow will be my last stop for the day. Don't know why I let the wife convince me I can still do this $hit.

PBR right now. Had 4 shots earlier today to get me through renewing a lazy susan shelf unit in a lower kitchen corner cabinet. The original kit was discontinued, so had to do the whole layout. With all of the bending, crawling and other contortions, a couple more would have worked :) Got it done and, once I finish this beer, the pillow will be my last stop for the day. Don't know why I let the wife convince me I can still do this $hit.
Sounds like a great woman:D.

Morebeer's Two Hearted clone all grain kit. It's actually a really good beer but not even close to the real deal. I won't complain though. Totally worth the 20% off kit of the week price. A really great kit imo.

View attachment 14045
Does the MoreBeer kit line up with the one from Bell’s own General Store?
For that matter, has anyone ever tried this home brew clone of Bell’s Two Hearted (recipe courtesy of Bell’s)?

https://store.bellsbeer.com/collect...wo-hearted-ale-clone-all-grain-ingredient-kit

Oh, so you want her to kill me? :eek:
You're not getting off that easy!

@Megary you can compare the Morebeer recipe if you'd like. They have an ingredients sheet posted on all their recipe kits. It makes a very good beer, but it isn't Two Hearted.
Oddly enough, the closest (imo) is very simple. 2-row, pale ale malt, and crystal malt. All centennial hops of course. Like I said, I do have to add quite a bit more hops. I'm not exactly sure why, so I'm just guessing it's my elevation or possibly the crop year they used when posting the recipe.

@Megary you can compare the Morebeer recipe if you'd like. They have an ingredients sheet posted on all their recipe kits. It makes a very good beer, but it isn't Two Hearted.
Oddly enough, the closest (imo) is very simple. 2-row, pale ale malt, and crystal malt. All centennial hops of course. Like I said, I do have to add quite a bit more hops. I'm not exactly sure why, so I'm just guessing it's my elevation or possibly the crop year they used when posting the recipe.
Maybe it has to do with the fact that Bell's probably get the best/freshest hops and us measly homebrewers get the scraps??

I love that MoreBeer makes their recipes available but, like almost all sites that do, they never post the AA% of the hops. As a rule, I use the amounts listed for all additions and then adjust the bittering addition to get the IBUs in line with the recipe. Also, you guessed right about your utilization at altitude. BeerSmith allows you to enter your altitude in the equipment profile and factors it into the recipe calculations. IIRC, it's about 2%/1,000'.

Back