What are you drinking right now?

1 week carb test of my 1st extra pale ale. I picked a recipe with light malts and low flavor/aroma hops to dial in my mashing equipment. It's okay, a good benchmark beer to improve upon. This batch mashed low, attenuated very dry, and hit about 73'F during fermentation with S-04. All cascade hops. Cheers!
20201124_131309.jpg

Notice any excessive esters going there high with s04? I’ve been afraid letting it get over 66 for week one and 68-70 week 2

that’s a refreshing looking beer!

Notice any excessive esters going there high with s04? I’ve been afraid letting it get over 66 for week one and 68-70 week 2

that’s a refreshing looking beer!
Yea it's got some fruity esters going on. I think it would balance well with a big hop nose and flavor, but like I said, this beer doesn't have much going in after 30 minutes. But that was on purpose, so that I could taste any inevitable off flavors with my new setup :)

Such a simple recipe that I have tried 5 times to nail and nowhere close. Love it

Don't feel alone. Over the years I've decided that anyone who says they've cloned SNPA full of crap. Over the years, I've tried to dial several recipes in, and know many other seasoned home brewers that have too. We all admit failure. True clones are rare, but true clones of classics are almost nonexistent.

Don't feel alone. Over the years I've decided that anyone who says they've cloned SNPA full of crap. Over the years, I've tried to dial several recipes in, and know many other seasoned home brewers that have too. We all admit failure. True clones are rare, but true clones of classics are almost nonexistent.
I've certainly never been able to clone SNPA. Sure is fun trying though!

Carnitas is a favorite in our house. I often trim spare ribs St. Louis style and make carnitas out of the trimmings. If you really want something nice, add some Carnitas to the cheese filling in Chili Rellenos.

Looks great!

Thanks!
Still haven't figured out the reason for my run of hazy beers. Wondering if it could be harvesting yeast from over pitched brews. I have cut down on the amount of slurry I pitch and it seems to have solved the problem. Time will tell.

American IPA

Considering the glass and that this is the first pour, I’ll salute the late, great David Bowie and call it “Young American All Night IPA”. Though the beer may never clear given all the dry hopping and it’s far from perfect, this is definitely my best effort IPA-wise. Lots of citrus aroma and flavor. A good hop buzz.

B61B38C7-8328-4517-BD96-E7EE01190762.jpeg

American IPA

Considering the glass and that this is the first pour, I’ll salute the late, great David Bowie and call it “Young American All Night IPA”. Though the beer may never clear given all the dry hopping and it’s far from perfect, this is definitely my best effort IPA-wise. Lots of citrus aroma and flavor. A good hop buzz.

View attachment 13030
I think all your beers look great man and I'm sure they taste the same.

Back