What are you drinking right now?

image.jpg
Here is the second of the two beers mentioned earlier. Alesmith is a San Diego brewery, and I have enjoyed several of their brews over the past few years. My first sip seemed a little sweet, but it seems less sweet after a couple more sips. It’s alright, I would drink another.
Sourdough starter in the back, getting ready for baking on Monday.

Watched this the other evening Megary it might help you to narrow down onto a great one;)
Thanks for that. I think the one guy (Red) had it right - an Oktoberfest needs to be malty but dry. Session-able! That’s not easy to do and I don’t think many American versions even try. They just chuck in some crystal, make it orange and call it a day. Pffft.

I think this batch have an off flavor due to water or something. Not bad just i taste something. I can’t place it. I did a bitter that had the same off flavor but the chocolate malt covers up some here

Split a 6er of lagunitas IPA with some coworkers. Forgot to take a pic. We were evacuated due to wildfires last night, and are currently bunking down at work with some coworkers in a similar situation. Here we go again *shrug*

Kegged this NEIPA last Thursday morning, it has been sitting under 10 PSI since. Not fully carbed as you can see, but hot damn it is good. This is the one that was stuck at 1020, little bit of sweetness, but the carbonation and the mouthfeel from 15% flaked really makes it work! Took two runs at cleaning the hop debris out of the dip tube, still getting some debris as you can see in the bottom of the glass. A half ounce of Magnum forst wort has given it a respectable, yet appropriate amount of bitterness.
20200929_165250.jpg

Split a 6er of lagunitas IPA with some coworkers. Forgot to take a pic. We were evacuated due to wildfires last night, and are currently bunking down at work with some coworkers in a similar situation. Here we go again *shrug*
Wildfires still an issue! Man I hope everything is okay with you, your friends, and all of the others affected. Lagunitas is a beauty, have you ever tried the Cragunitas?

Back