What are you drinking right now?

Having a PBR with lunch. Home made corned beef on home made sourdough.
lunch.jpg

Just tasted a split batch NEIPA (yes, I finally made one), half made with BRY-97, half with Lallemand's new dry IPA yeast, Verdant. Too early to tell on the comparison but both are quite drinkable in small glasses.

Just tasted a split batch NEIPA (yes, I finally made one), half made with BRY-97, half with Lallemand's new dry IPA yeast, Verdant. Too early to tell on the comparison but both are quite drinkable in small glasses.
Oh I sure do like the look of that Verdant yeast. The lads from the Craft beer channel did an interview with the head brewer from verdant and got the low down on the yeast. One such flavour compound was vanilla interesting if you get it with that thar NEIPA?

Wallenpaupack Brewing Co - Oktoberfest / Marzen

Again, these are not my favorite beers. The Americanized versions are always way too crystal/caramel sweet for me. But when you trust a brewery, you have to take a shot, right?
By first glance, I thought, “here we go again”. But funny thing on my way to the bottom of the glass, I wanted another...and did. There’s a hint of sweetness, but it’s balanced with this crisp, spiciness that allows the beer to finish relatively dry and inviting. Maybe I’m getting soft...or maybe this is really just pushing the boundaries of a Marzen?? And I really don’t think this one beer will convert me to an Oktoberfest lover, but I gotta say, this is well done

Attachments

• 95AACEA9-13AF-4B4F-A610-867AA46C267B.jpeg
    95AACEA9-13AF-4B4F-A610-867AA46C267B.jpeg
    150.1 KB · Views: 54

Hoping MoreBeer gets the sachets of Verdant in before I order supplies next week. All they have now are the 500 gram bricks. Really want to try it in a West Coast IPA.

Oh I sure do like the look of that Verdant yeast. The lads from the Craft beer channel did an interview with the head brewer from verdant and got the low down on the yeast. One such flavour compound was vanilla interesting if you get it with that thar NEIPA?
It was a tiny sample of both. At first blush I liked the BRY-97 better, it had a more robust flavor. We'll see after I get some carbed.

It was a tiny sample of both. At first blush I liked the BRY-97 better, it had a more robust flavor. We'll see after I get some carbed.
Hmmm interesting the descriptors of the verdant seem otherwise but your right it's TRUE colors will emerge with some conditioning.

Hoping MoreBeer gets the sachets of Verdant in before I order supplies next week. All they have now are the 500 gram bricks. Really want to try it in a West Coast IPA.
Will be great to hear what you think Bob. Looks like its piqued a few of our interests;)

Killing a 6-pack at work this morning. What a great job! :D

View attachment 12223
You do know that fish don’t get out of the water voluntarily for no reason?
Water is a fish tree.
Water needs to be converted into something useful like beer, coffee, whiskey, vodka, wine...
Is any of this getting through? :)

You do know that fish don’t get out of the water voluntarily for no reason?
Water is a fish tree.
Water needs to be converted into something useful like beer, coffee, whiskey, vodka, wine...
Is any of this getting through? :)
Funny thing is, I couldn’t tell the difference between that and anything else I’ve ever had from A-B.

Back