What are you drinking right now?

Really like my new Prost glass, but a 12 oz'er just ain't enough.
PXL_20200926_230655011.jpg

Weedwhacker accidental session ale. It's very light, dry, and it's got that kveik twang going on. A nice crusher
View attachment 12135
Assuming that it is bottle conditioned, did you do anything special to it? I have heard that the Kveik doesn't always bottle condition well. I have a Coffee Porter fermented with Voss conditioning for over a month now, haven't tried one yet.

Assuming that it is bottle conditioned, did you do anything special to it? I have heard that the Kveik doesn't always bottle condition well. I have a Coffee Porter fermented with Voss conditioning for over a month now, haven't tried one yet.
Yes, bottle conditioned. I bottle it the same as my non-kveik batches. But I've had some consistency and carbonation issues from batch to batch. I'm inclined to blame the priming sugar, not the yeast.

The best batch I've done so far was with kveik and it was carbonated perfectly.

@Craigerrr
I’ve been looking for this beer since March, but I think it is only distributed in the US Midwest...Wisconsin mainly.

It sounds like "big beer" trying to do "craft beer". If it's good though, I guess it is good.

Every year I buy Oktoberfest’s and every year I end up saying, “never again”. Always too sweet to me for repeated drinking. But I recently picked up Victory’s “Festbier/Marzen” and Wallenpaupack Brewery’s “Oktoberfest/Marzen”, two breweries that I have had a lot of success with. Haven’t tried them yet. I’m afraid. :p

I don’t usually like sweet unless I’ve had a liter already lol. The German exports are much less sweet to my palate. I love Paulaner. The pub I frequent has had it on draft the last few years.

Last edited:
Breckinridge Brewery - Vanilla Porter

A bit of an odd one for me as I have to squint to find the vanilla and it tastes more like a Bock than a Porter. Still, labels aside, a pretty nice beer. Next weekend it will be October, so I’ll get on with the Oktoberfests then.

C0898115-1D3D-4170-B197-2590D08D24F3.jpeg

A bit of an odd one for me as I have to squint to find the vanilla and it tastes more like a Bock than a Porter. Still, labels aside, a pretty nice beer. Next weekend it will be October, so I’ll get on with the Oktoberfests then.

View attachment 12150
It used to be a lot better long ago. It's not bad now imo, just not as good as it once was.

View attachment 12150
Watched this the other evening Megary it might help you to narrow down onto a great one;)

Back