What are you drinking right now?

Scottish export. First of the batch.
541EDA2C-DC45-4839-8453-C72C3AED9760.jpeg

View attachment 12069 Leftovers with voss. Yeast stands out some still but no other odd flavors @Trialben :cool:

I love that glass. Big Sky is one of my favorites. Almost stopped in there a few years ago. It was a stop-over on our trip out west in 2016. Unfortunately we arrived after they closed for the day and had to be back on the road before they opened the next day. :(
Next time for sure!

Last edited:
Irish ale abomination. This is supposed to be 20 SRM. Looks more like mid 30’s. I don’t know what went wrong. Maybe LHBS didn’t get my order correct. Regardless, it actually tastes very good, but I probably won’t be able to replicate.
F8CB5876-998B-4DD1-902B-43AFD715FC55.jpeg

I love that glass. Big Sky is one of my favorites. Almost stopped in there a few years ago. It was a stop-over on our trip out west in 2016. Unfortunately we arrived after they closed for the day and had to be back on the road before they opened the next day. :(
Next time for sure!
Moose Drewel is a very popular beer for them and the pale ale or summer honey get hit by the crowds at the concerts behind the brewery. Have you had some Old Bluehair or Ivan the Terrible? They get aged and age well.

Moose Drewel is a very popular beer for them and the pale ale or summer honey get hit by the crowds at the concerts behind the brewery. Have you had some Old Bluehair or Ivan the Terrible? They get aged and age well.
I'm a Moose Drool fan. It's one of the few browns out there that I care to drink.

I've never heard of either. Now I really want them both! I'll have to keep an eye open for them. I have brewed a decent clone of Moose Drool (Northern Brewer's Caribou Slobber). As we move into fall and winter (in the northern hemisphere at least) I plan to start brewing browns ales again. This one will definitely be one of them.

I've never heard of either. Now I really want them both! I'll have to keep an eye open for them. I have brewed a decent clone of Moose Drool (Northern Brewer's Caribou Slobber). As we move into fall and winter (in the northern hemisphere at least) I plan to start brewing browns ales again. This one will definitely be one of them.
At the brewery you can pickup their barrel aged beers a couple of years old. Until last year they gave free samples of the regular and seasonals, I think 3-4oz pours every afternoon but not anymore.
I must admit that I like Janets Brown better than Moose Drewel. Not knocking the Drewel.

Heres the Vienna Lager I brewed two weeks ago pitched on full yeast cake this fermented and carbonated under it's own pressure tastes promising so far has a nice malt sweetness if slightly less than what I was expecting with all the vienna and caramunich 2 finishes nice and crisp and dry I'm thinking that bit of roasted malt is helping there two.

20200925_173431.jpg

This I'm sure will condition into a lovely beer.

Just an after thought but I reckon I'll brew this again but scale it down to 4.5 ABV into session range for summer time drinking a bit to high for me up at 6%. :rolleyes:

Well while I'm at it this is that international pale Lager I brewed a few weeks back not clear yet maybe itll get there this one reeked of sulphur for a good week but it's out now.
20200925_180157.jpg

Not a bad attempt in my opinion of course:D. So on the nose it's a slight malt sweetness a wiff of faint tart sulphur but it's like you have to search for it now. It's full bodied in the mouth finishing slightly bitter but not super clean like I'd want. Some conditioning would do this beer some good too just to drop it clear. Score would be mid to low 30's beer I'd go on this.

Last edited:
I must admit that I like Janets Brown better than Moose Drewel. Not knocking the Drewel.

Oh without a doubt a much better beer imo also. I'm not sure if Upslope distributes to your neck of the woods, but their brown is also an American style brown comparable to Janet's and very delicious.

Heres the Vienna Lager I brewed two weeks ago pitched on full yeast cake this fermented and carbonated under it's own pressure tastes promising so far has a nice malt sweetness if slightly less than what I was expecting with all the vienna and caramunich 2 finishes nice and crisp and dry I'm thinking that bit of roasted malt is helping there two.

View attachment 12100
This I'm sure will condition into a lovely beer.

Just an after thought but I reckon I'll brew this again but scale it down to 4.5 ABV into session range for summer time drinking a bit to high for me up at 6%. :rolleyes:

Well while I'm at it this is that international pale Lager I brewed a few weeks back not clear yet maybe itll get there this one reeked of sulphur for a good week but it's out now.
View attachment 12101
Not a bad attempt in my opinion of course:D. So on the nose it's a slight malt sweetness a wiff of faint tart sulphur but it's like you have to search for it now. It's full bodied in the mouth finishing slightly bitter but not super clean like I'd want. Some conditioning would do this beer some good too just to drop it clear. Score would be mid to low 30's beer I'd go on this.
I would drink both so ease up on yourself. They both look really good!

Back