What are you drinking right now?

20200704_171607.jpg

Same beer? Nope same style APA this ain't my beer. It's a bottle conditioned American Pale ale fermented with Hornindal Kviek hence the similar colour and appearance. It's brewed by Sonny the Brewer who I've recently got hooked again on brewing convincing him all grain ain't that hard and beats the kit stuff (sorry but I mean it gives you more influence on hops grains ect) and of course gave him what i rekon all new brewers should have a jar or Kviek slurry go and play son and keep it hot brother and it will reward you with lovely beer.

View attachment 10684
Same beer? Nope same style APA this ain't my beer. It's a bottle conditioned American Pale ale fermented with Hornindal Kviek hence the similar colour and appearance. It's brewed by Sonny the Brewer who I've recently got hooked again on brewing convincing him all grain ain't that hard and beats the kit stuff (sorry but I mean it gives you more influence on hops grains ect) and of course gave him what i rekon all new brewers should have a jar or Kviek slurry go and play son and keep it hot brother and it will reward you with lovely beer.
Nice pool shot! Oh, beer looks good too.

Cheers @BOB357! I'm caught up enough finally with the cooking that I may just join ya with a cold one. I made up a double batch of your tater salad. I had to add a pound of bacon though for good measure! Can't wait to dig into that later.

Cheers @BOB357! I'm caught up enough finally with the cooking that I may just join ya with a cold one. I made up a double batch of your tater salad. I had to add a pound of bacon though for good measure! Can't wait to dig into that later.

Nice!

Number 1 & 2 on my list of favorite condiments are garlic & bacon. Only because I currently don't consider whiskey to fit into that food group. That, of course, is subject to change. Now, I need to remember to shuck and cook up the sweet corn.

image.jpg
This is the next to last bottle of my American Wheat Beer, Herm’s Luna Azul. Refreshment after a busy morning - first I cooked some bacon, then I whipped up a batch of sourdough pancakes (using discard), then I cleaned up. With countertop space open, I cleaned bottles in preparation for bottling, then I transferred my latest batch of Herm’s Pale Ale V from fermenter to bottling bucket, and bottled the beer. After that, I transferred yeast slurry to clean, sanitized jars for future use, then cleaned everything (fermenter, tubing, tools, etc) and put it all away. Now I’m looking at a rack of baby back ribs ready for seasoning. And I’m enjoying my glass of home brew.

A frosty pint of my Cascade Summer Ale and a shot of Evan Williams.
Break Time.jpg

Can't catch a break lately. Went to the Walmart to get some RO to mix a batch of Starsan and the dispenser was out of order. Got home and the wife tells me there's a big leak under the kitchen sink. Turns out the lock nut for the drain flange had worked loose and ate up the plumbers putty and gasket. Down to Ace Hardware to pick up a kit. Substituted 100% Silicone calk for the plumbers putty and got the flange and nut cleaned, dried and installed. Silicone calk tube says, "30 minute water ready", so I get a break and maybe an extra shot added to my ration :)

If there's a silver lining behind every cloud, I'm thinking it's a thin film and it leaks.

Coffee Porter, when bottling I had about 3/4 of a pint left, poured it into a glass and left it in the fridge to chill. Along with the coffee, I am getting some chocolate flavor too. It is around 6.5%, pretty robust!
20200705_172213.jpg

A frosty pint of my Cascade Summer Ale and a shot of Evan Williams.
View attachment 10737

Can't catch a break lately. Went to the Walmart to get some RO to mix a batch of Starsan and the dispenser was out of order. Got home and the wife tells me there's a big leak under the kitchen sink. Turns out the lock nut for the drain flange had worked loose and ate up the plumbers putty and gasket. Down to Ace Hardware to pick up a kit. Substituted 100% Silicone calk for the plumbers putty and got the flange and nut cleaned, dried and installed. Silicone calk tube says, "30 minute water ready", so I get a break and maybe an extra shot added to my ration :)

If there's a silver lining behind every cloud, I'm thinking it's a thin film and it leaks.

Only an hour later and the kitchen sink plumbing is back together. Had a little trouble hanging the waste disposal, but got in done. All leak free, so I'm enjoying the extra shot and another pint. I'll accept that amber lining every time :)

Sounds bout like my day @BOB357. The meat and cheese bin drawer plastic rails decided they were done. Heard a large crash in the fridge and about all you can do is open the door... Yep.

Anyway, no beer festivals this year but a local brewery put an at home one together. 2-8 packs of 16oz cans of special brews and 2 commemorative glasses for $40. So my daughter and I are indulging in that. Very nice actually.
IMG_20200705_153547.jpg

Here's a grapefruit gose aged for a year in wine barrels.

Adam Sandler 'Blended' on the TV for those interested.:D

Last edited:
Only an hour later and the kitchen sink plumbing is back together. Had a little trouble hanging the waste disposal, but got in done. All leak free, so I'm enjoying the extra shot and another pint. I'll accept that amber lining every time :)
S happens. Silver lining is beer and whiskey on hand and a better half that puts up with you. :)

Sounds bout like my day @BOB357. The meat and cheese bin drawer plastic rails decided they were done. Heard a large crash in the fridge and about all you can do is open the door... Yep.

Anyway, no beer festivals this year but a local brewery put an at home one together. 2-8 packs of 16oz cans of special brews and 2 commemorative glasses for $40. So my daughter and I are indulging in that. Very nice actually.
View attachment 10739
Here's a grapefruit gose aged for a year in wine barrels.

Adam Sandler 'Blended' on the TV for those interested.:D

Mom used to always tell us there's no rest for the wicked :)

Back