What are you drinking right now?

Still a little undercarbed but not bad for being in the keg just a few hours

15914667024165361681766713081358.jpg

Chocolate Oat Malt Stout

This was a bit of a wild card as I used Oat Malt for the first time instead of Flakes Oats. Overshot my gravity by a fair amount (attributed to not having used Oat Malt before and using a generic PPG) but that was compensated for by a higher than expected FG. It is sweet but not overly so, and the chocolate nibs (mash and boil) really shine through. Undoubtedly a dessert beer or a nightcap, but a good one at that. Would pair really well with some of @thunderwagn whiskey! Only disappointment is that the loose head disappears rather quickly and leaves not a trace on the glass. Again, I’ll blame that on the Oat Malt and maybe the nibs. I’m not sure the Oat Malt brought anything to the table that Flaked Oats wouldn’t have. I definitely need to experiment more with this malt. Very enjoyable beer nonetheless.

27B390E0-5C7D-45FF-A95C-6157F0F3095E.jpeg

PBR here. Had a pint of my Hopster Pale Ale earlier. It was under carbed, but almost there. Should be good in another day or 2.

Chocolate Oat Malt Stout

This was a bit of a wild card as I used Oat Malt for the first time instead of Flakes Oats. Overshot my gravity by a fair amount (attributed to not having used Oat Malt before and using a generic PPG) but that was compensated for by a higher than expected FG. It is sweet but not overly so, and the chocolate nibs (mash and boil) really shine through. Undoubtedly a dessert beer or a nightcap, but a good one at that. Would pair really well with some of @thunderwagn whiskey! Only disappointment is that the loose head disappears rather quickly and leaves not a trace on the glass. Again, I’ll blame that on the Oat Malt and maybe the nibs. I’m not sure the Oat Malt brought anything to the table that Flaked Oats wouldn’t have. I definitely need to experiment more with this malt. Very enjoyable beer nonetheless.

View attachment 10360
I think it's the nibs. I rekon there are some kind of oils in the nibs. I'm getting the same thing on my choc coffee stout it's got nibs in it and I'm kinda blaming it on them.

Back