What are you drinking right now?

I'd hit it. And help with the Star Wars puzzle
Haha too late that one's done. The wifey's working on this one. I like puzzles but these types give me an aneurysm

15795688824443527084883911074876.jpg

Haha too late that one's done. The wifey's working on this one. I like puzzles but these types give me an aneurysm

View attachment 8554
That looks soo hard all them little pics within the pic and similar colours gee your going too need MORE wheat beer!

I got my missus a puzzle for Christmas holidays she completed it the day before she had to go back to work their a great pressie I recon.

Puzzles are addicting! We've been getting into coloring and having a blast. There are some really cool grown up coloring books.

Last edited:
No football today. Spent the day in Reno shopping and then met up with my niece, who we haven't seen in 20+ years, her husband and one of the guys I grew up with and his wife, for a nice buffet brunch and visit. Picked up a case of Sierra Nevada Pale and a 12er of their 40th Hoppy Anniversary Ale. The bottled Anniversary Ale was very close to what I remember of the draught we tried at the brewery in Chico last month. Nice beer. The glass in the pic is the Pale Ale. Also had a couple shots of Jamison Cask Mate Stout Barrel Aged.
40th..jpg

No football today. Spent the day in Reno shopping and then met up with my niece, who we haven't seen in 20+ years, her husband and one of the guys I grew up with and his wife, for a nice buffet brunch and visit. Picked up a case of Sierra Nevada Pale and a 12er of their 40th Hoppy Anniversary Ale. The bottled Anniversary Ale was very close to what I remember of the draught we tried at the brewery in Chico last month. Nice beer. The glass in the pic is the Pale Ale. Also had a couple shots of Jamison Cask Mate Stout Barrel Aged.View attachment 8555
Sounds like a great day!

It was a great day indeed. As I get older, it always amazes me how nice it is to reconnect with family and friends whom you never considered to be important in your life but realize, as you swap old memories, how important they really were. A very humbling experience.

First kegged beer, my Kentucky Common. View attachment 8569
It's a little hazy but it's also very close to freezing. It's very good, too!
Congratulations on your first of many nosey and what a great looking beer to begin with!

Ah gee I needed this beer this arvo I think i bit off more than I could chew out the front lawn. This gives a good colour representation to this Czech dark lager quite pretty me thinks. Head sucks on this one though.
20200123_173003.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry but I gotta post this one it just looks
Soo tasty my v2 international pale lager (liberty lager) no Fart on the nose (nosey maybe S-23 is a great Urquel yeast in that case) just a subtle malt nose if you rouse the glass it does give some subtle sulphur though anyhow have a look at this beauty. Like a proud father I am ha ha
20200123_192840.jpg

Looks good! Congrats on your 1st keg pour! May it be the 1st of many:).
I bottle-conditioned some of the same beer so am going to have the wife pour me a triangle test to see which one I like better. I'll also foist it off on the homebrew club at our next meeting to see if they can tell a difference between the two. And it's the beer that won the medal to the left, dang I wish I could share it with you guys!

I bottle-conditioned some of the same beer so am going to have the wife pour me a triangle test to see which one I like better. I'll also foist it off on the homebrew club at our next meeting to see if they can tell a difference between the two. And it's the beer that won the medal to the left, dang I wish I could share it with you guys!

And maybe another triangle test a few weeks later? I get the impression that once it's been under pressure a couple of weeks the head starts to change character to the smooth and creamy from the more prickly and soda water head you get at the start. Though I'm sure that'll depend massively on the beer.

And maybe another triangle test a few weeks later? I get the impression that once it's been under pressure a couple of weeks the head starts to change character to the smooth and creamy from the more prickly and soda water head you get at the start. Though I'm sure that'll depend massively on the beer.
And carbonic acid coupled with yeast bite early on I recon too.

Can't say I noticed anything off or biting.
Ah you mistook me there Nosey I was referring to Marks comment about sampling a youngish beer compared to one farther down the track.
When I first keg a beer lager especially I get a bit extra bite I recon from yeast not having flocked out yet and from carbonic acid from burst carb it mellows out after a few weeks and I recon you get a more true representation to what you have made;).

No way would I Nock an award winning bevey. CHEERS!
20200124_181021.jpg
ignore the green pool:oops: talk about water chemistry LOL:D...

Back