What are you drinking right now?

Pulling on my Cluster Buster IPA. It's been in the keg about a week and a half I think? Finally starting to come around a bit and clearing up. The hops need some tweaking. It has a decent bitter backbone, but lacking in aroma and finishing up flavor. It was my first for the Grainfather and I used a ton of leaf hops and came up a bit short on the amount that made it into the fermzilla. Being stingy and maybe only getting 4.75 gallons in the keg, I skipped any dry hop. Still very drinkable and I'm very happy with the color.
View attachment 8380

Got a pound of 2016 Cluster, unopened in the freezer. Hoping you shared the recipe. Been looking for a use other than in my pre prohibition lager.
As a side note. I've found that hop utilization is lower since going to the all in one system. Pretty sure it's due to the lower boiloff. Not sure if the recipe builder here calculates that.

Figured you would know it. Got that from me mate Mark Bob up in Hervey Bay. IIRC it cost me a chicken fried steak breakfast. Mark does a great impression of a Texan. I told him he wasn't a true redneck until he had a chicken fried steak :)
When I'm up there next brew comp I'll have to ask around for him Bob. I'll ask you his name closer to the date. Cheers

Figured you would know it. Got that from me mate Mark Bob up in Hervey Bay. IIRC it cost me a chicken fried steak breakfast. Mark does a great impression of a Texan. I told him he wasn't a true redneck until he had a chicken fried steak :)
I'm sure we call that butterflied chicken? Chook looks like a butterfly when you cut.it down the breast bone and spread it out for BBQ ing?

When I'm up there next brew comp I'll have to ask around for him Bob. I'll ask you his name closer to the date. Cheers
I do know a brewer named mark up there that is a pharmacist or in your lingo (runs a drug store) that him?

I'm sure we call that butterflied chicken? Chook looks like a butterfly when you cut.it down the breast bone and spread it out for BBQ ing?
No! The chicken method you describe is spatchcock. ..a grilling method. Chicken fried steak is actually beef. Crazy ass Mericans!

A chicken fried steak is a steak that's run through a cuber and pounded thin. It's then breaded and deep fried. Usually served with mashed potatoes and a white gravy made either from bacon drippings or sausage, milk and flour.

I do know a brewer named mark up there that is a pharmacist or in your lingo (runs a drug store) that him?

Mark Bob is an automotive technician/repair shop owner, and doesn't like beer, so doubt you'd see him anywhere near a brewing comp.
Now, if it was a distilled spirits comp, he'd be there in a heartbeat :)

Mark Bob is an automotive technician/repair shop owner, and doesn't like beer, so doubt you'd see him anywhere near a brewing comp.
Now, if it was a distilled spirits comp, he'd be there in a heartbeat :)
Ok so negative on both ah well either or I say but gee spirits is only one half of the gambit...

Oh the frothy goodness the beer is what I am ATM "slightly Sober" more towards pissed:D. Who said you cant drink on brew day:) the wort is pitched at 16.5c right now mind U. I ended up recirculating some ice water to bring my 30..5 tap water down a bit especially since I was pitching straight on the cake so to speak.
20200104_134919.jpg

See I tuck that sucker right up onto the tap for the pour makes for less foam more beer. Cheers

Well I made until noon without a beer :p

Cleaned up the brewery after keg cleaning and beer line cleaning after the Vanilla Porter keg kicked.

Now it’s time to relax while the missus and I make up some Jambalya for this afternoons Wildcard games (NFL).

love this Citra IPA that I still haven’t named. It is our second favorite brew. (glass doesn’t fit the style but it was handy)

E7D1E617-AF72-4800-90E9-1B0CA915A3B7.jpeg

Duclaw’s Sweet Baby Jesus Chocolate Peanut Butter Porter. I was skeptical, but fears were unfounded. Very nice Porter with noticeable but appropriate levels of chocolate and peanut butter. Not a beer you are going to have more than one, but a delicious dessert beer. Well done.

1BE4F551-22B3-42DB-A877-0F62485129F7.jpeg

IPA v2.
Very similar to v1 but with a higher grain bill. Came in around 7.5% ABV. Quite delicious and dangerously drinkable. I’ve already had a couple and I’m afraid I’ll soon be ready for the broom.

B007E5F7-4A54-4872-AD3A-F077DA6BFE94.jpeg

New Belgium Trippel:
A little out of our norm, but couldn’t find a Dubbel at the local distributor as we are discussing a dubbel for a near future brew.

View attachment 8434
Gotta get a taste for the style first eh? Good luck remember plenty of tasting notes and plenty of tastings maketh a great beer:rolleyes:

Back