What are you drinking right now?

Slightly Sober with this ridiculous head my middle tap ain't pouring right but this ones got some good retention as well but it's over exaggerated.View attachment 8320
The nose is lemon zesty then fruity flavour not quite as fruity as aroma then finishes dank piney. It's not to bad but want more tropical fruit than dank recon some mosaic simcoe pairings with this grist and yeast will be brewing next. Cheers all happy holidays.

As the Irish say about Guinness, "There's eatin' and drinkin' in that" :)

Slurping on a few of these now most my Christmas beers are kicked.
Its v2 Liberty Lager with some carahell so sweetness. It's a.bit sulphury still it young but its clean and for mine its good to drink let it lager in the keg is say.
20191231_193909.jpg

Woke at about midnight so aerated & pitched the IPA I brewed yesterday. Decided to have a couple of beers since it was after noon down under;) Sierra Nevada Celebration was handy, so cheers Ben!
Always beer O'clock somewhere bob. Mate you are one dedicated brewer 12am Pitch :D wow! I admire your dedication to great beer Bob!

I worked graveyard shift the last 7 years before retiring and still haven't gotten my internal clock back in sync. I sleep when it comes and find something else to do when I wake up, regardless of the hour:)

Drinking a pint of my Cream of 3 Crops from one of the Lagunitas Brewing beer jars my youngest gave me for Christmas.
Beer Jar.jpg

Cherrywood Smoked Stout and a shot of Jamison. Good pairing.
View attachment 8377

Do you recognize the logo on the shot glass @Trialben?

How was the smoke flavor? In a couple of weeks I plan on brewing a Cherrywood Smoked Brown Ale, but want to keep the smoke in the background, kind of a subtle hint. I was thinking 5% of the grain bill. Thoughts?

Pulling on my Cluster Buster IPA. It's been in the keg about a week and a half I think? Finally starting to come around a bit and clearing up. The hops need some tweaking. It has a decent bitter backbone, but lacking in aroma and finishing up flavor. It was my first for the Grainfather and I used a ton of leaf hops and came up a bit short on the amount that made it into the fermzilla. Being stingy and maybe only getting 4.75 gallons in the keg, I skipped any dry hop. Still very drinkable and I'm very happy with the color.
IMG_20200103_175230.jpg

Making room for next brew...:D. Any new brewers out there let me be your lesson in what not to do! I'm drinking my last few liters off the yeast cake of previous brew liberty lager and cus I'm to lazy to clean out my fermentor I'm going to pitch the brew I'm chilling as I type right onto this cake. I just want to use the beer up off the top first lol.

A bit under carbed and warm but clean and drinkable I recon it's good to go lol:cool:.
20200104_114318.jpg

How was the smoke flavor? In a couple of weeks I plan on brewing a Cherrywood Smoked Brown Ale, but want to keep the smoke in the background, kind of a subtle hint. I was thinking 5% of the grain bill. Thoughts?
Mine had 22% and the smoke was prominent. I think with a brown you'd be safe up to 10%. To just get a hint, 5% would likely work well.

You bet it's the Holden Motorcar symbol ha!
Grew up with a Holden HQ Kingswood them things were bomb proof

Figured you would know it. Got that from me mate Mark Bob up in Hervey Bay. IIRC it cost me a chicken fried steak breakfast. Mark does a great impression of a Texan. I told him he wasn't a true redneck until he had a chicken fried steak :)

Back