What are you drinking right now?

Ginger Ninger take two not too bad has a nice sweet gingery thing going on.
20191201_160602.jpg

Might back off on the crystal next brew and up the oats and wheat get it back a bit lighter in color.

20191118_191325.jpg

More Liquid Aloha....and my monkey....maybe if I told TSA it was my "Support Animal" they would not have wanted to take it away from me! Kona's Golden is nice and clean but doesn't have the ummmph like the Fire Rock. I think I'm going to have to go look for the Fire Rock in Pennsyltuckey...one of the bartenders was telling me how there was a little scandal when word spread that Kona was making beer outside of the state. It seems there is a fierce passion for locally produced anything here in Hawaii from shirts to beer!

View attachment 8083

More Liquid Aloha....and my monkey....maybe if I told TSA it was my "Support Animal" they would not have wanted to take it away from me! Kona's Golden is nice and clean but doesn't have the ummmph like the Fire Rock. I think I'm going to have to go look for the Fire Rock in Pennsyltuckey...one of the bartenders was telling me how there was a little scandal when word spread that Kona was making beer outside of the state. It seems there is a fierce passion for locally produced anything here in Hawaii from shirts to beer!
The Budweiser plant here brews up several of the Kona beers. I know Longboard is one of them. I've always thought the Kona beers were pretty tasty.

The Budweiser plant here brews up several of the Kona beers. I know Longboard is one of them. I've always thought the Kona beers were pretty tasty.

Yeah, tasty indeed and dam handy in the ABC stores because you can buy singles! I had a local Porter today but didn't catch the brewer and it wasn't on the bill...Pillbox Porter I think was the name......and speaking of tasty, I had a couple draft Kirens with dinner the other night at a Japanese steakhouse and one of the guys I was with had a pull on it and said it tasted nothing like what he recalled when he was stationed in Japan. They must have had a fresh keg....who knows! What do they say about taste? No accounting for it? Hell, one of the other couples at that table were Aussies who were headed back to Melbourne, or as they said 'Melbin' who told me that their most memorable meal while on holiday in the USA was " a Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich in New York City". Go figure!

Just waiting for noon to roll around so I can have a Celebration without getting any flak from the Sgt. Major. Already got my Cream Ale pitched and in the fermentation fridge and water almost up to strike for Cherrywood Stout.

Just waiting for noon to roll around so I can have a Celebration without getting any flak from the Sgt. Major. Already got my Cream Ale pitched and in the fermentation fridge and water almost up to strike for Cherrywood Stout.
Doesn’t the Sgt Major understand that any alcohol consumption before noon is purely QA/QC?

Nope. She was born and raised in Co/Dublin Ireland and thinks you need to be an alcoholic to drink before noon. Go figure :)
Well.... It's noon somewhere! (And six hours earlier in Ireland, that frees you up to 6:00 AM!) (Please note I'm using Mountain Standard Time as my reference, actual mileage may vary)

Back