What are you drinking right now?

Just a primer while doing Thanksgiving prep work. The Sargent Major has put me on KP.

Apologies to celery lovers, I like crispy bacon as a garnish. Never, ever goes to waste.

View attachment 8053
I think your onto something here. I have to be honest, I have always liked celery. Bacon on the other hand, I have been in love with since very young age.

Had to let supper settle a bit before topping it off with a shot of Jameson and a Celebration Ale. Pigged out on turkey, spuds, gravy, stuffing, bourbon sweet potatoes, asparagus/mushroom casserole and a mincemeat tart, so the shot & beer ought to do me in.

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.
Nightcap.jpg

Had to let supper settle a bit before topping it off with a shot of Jameson and a Celebration Ale. Pigged out on turkey, spuds, gravy, stuffing, bourbon sweet potatoes, asparagus/mushroom casserole and a mincemeat tart, so the shot & beer ought to do me in.

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.
View attachment 8054
Asparagus/Mushroom casserole! That sounds delicious Bob!

Had a couple from these guys in the summer when I was in Nova Scotia. This is reeeaal nice. A fair bit more hop bitterness than malt bitterness than would be the English Style. Love the malt mix on this, sadly, I have no idea what the mix may be.
20191128_163207.jpg

First honest pull of my Christmas Ale, wow, a totally different charachter of flavor from packaging day. Early on the cinnamon was the dominant flavor, and the ginger wasn't that noticeable. The ginger is now apparent, if not dominant, and the cinnamon is faint. That is my buddy Steve on the acoustic, he's pretty damn good
20191128_210850.jpg

First honest pull of my Christmas Ale, wow, a totally different charachter of flavor from packaging day. Early on the cinnamon was the dominant flavor, and the ginger wasn't that noticeable. The ginger is now apparent, if not dominant, and the cinnamon is faint. That is my buddy Steve on the acoustic, he's pretty damn good
View attachment 8058
Looks pretty good Craig yep it's a pretty strong spice I've got a kaffir Lime tree here that I'm looking to do a bit of a ginger lime twist thing on a beer and the leaves are that pungent on them its a one leaf per brew type thing with that plant.

Ah a guitar and beer a pathway to good times enjoy!
20191129_162354.jpg

Only in the mood for 1 tonight. At 11% this is a good choice. I'm not a big fan of spicy holiday beers but the alcohol warmth and hint of cherry balance out the allspice and clove notes. It mentions cinnamon on the label as well but I can't find it. The picture probably doesn't do it justice but the color has a great reddish tint to it. A sipper.

IMG_0003.JPG

Only in the mood for 1 tonight. At 11% this is a good choice. I'm not a big fan of spicy holiday beers but the alcohol warmth and hint of cherry balance out the allspice and clove notes. It mentions cinnamon on the label as well but I can't find it. The picture probably doesn't do it justice but the color has a great reddish tint to it. A sipper.

View attachment 8078
That looks real nice, medium dark color, nice and clear

View attachment 8078
That's a deadly one for sure. My wife and I were out at a seafood place in baltimore years ago. They had mad elf on special and they gave us full pours...

Back