What are you drinking right now?

Collecting bottles so thought I'd grab three of these helps as I've only one keg on tap atm.
20191206_181429.jpg
yep that my wheat beer mash in background. Cheers to a scortch free brew day!

Hmmm this tastes a bit oxidized...

Looking at the title of the latest Basic Brewing video, I've decided that the holiday brew for the year will be a simple cider spiked with cinnamon whiskey. Damn, drooling just thinking about it! Meanwhile, having a sample of the latest iteration of my house IPA. Almost carbed up and I'm ready to pound a few :)

I'm currently in Columbus, Tx. Not a craft beer in sight! So before breaking into the homebrew I brought for JA, I'll be drinking wine from the fine little winery north of town with SWAMBO. From the hotel's paper cups.

I'm currently in Columbus, Tx. Not a craft beer in sight! So before breaking into the homebrew I brought for JA, I'll be drinking wine from the fine little winery north of town with SWAMBO. From the hotel's paper cups.
A sad state of affairs, and yet you make the best of it

O'Tannenbaum, O'Tannenbaum
The ginger is not taking any prisoners right now, the cinnamon has reserved further comment for the time being, I feel like a new father...
20191206_215600.jpg

I'll be drinking wine from the fine little winery north of town with SWAMBO. From the hotel's paper cups.

Jeez...and I was whining about the lack of decent glassware at the joint I was in! :rolleyes:

A couple of parting shots last week from Waikiki ….never had a Guinness draft with the bobble in the can....and behind the bar at Growlers USA....105 flavors! Beat that Baskings-Robbins!

20191124_151847_Richtone(HDR).jpg
IMG_3386.jpeg

Jeez...and I was whining about the lack of decent glassware at the joint I was in! :rolleyes:

A couple of parting shots last week from Waikiki ….never had a Guinness draft with the bobble in the can....and behind the bar at Growlers USA....105 flavors! Beat that Baskings-Robbins!

View attachment 8133 View attachment 8134
Good Lord! Is that too much to choose from?

Good Lord! Is that too much to choose from?

It really is! I stuck to my darks and had 3 different stouts side by side and it was hard out there to find a local that didn't friggin didn't have coconut in it but did put a number of west coast options I don't see back home.

Believe it or not... this is my first New England “Hazy & Juicy” IPA. Very “juicy” and “Hazy”, but to be honest, it’s a bit too bitter for my taste. I’ll have to try other craft versions before I toss the style under the bus so I’m not settling on an N1 tasting.

CA67FB15-4F10-436D-9B20-6096A3732DDE.jpeg

I don't think too bitter has ever been my complaint about hazies, so I'd support the more research option.

There is a big range when it comes to hazy’s. I think of a “hazy” as cloudy, fruity with the higher IPA IBUs. But NEIPAs as the same with IBUs in the 40’s.

View attachment 8133 View attachment 8134
So how long did it take to choose a beer lol!

So how long did it take to choose a beer lol!

They handed wifey what she thought was a menu and she said, no thanks, we're just here for a beer! It was the beer menu that was a good 6 pages and yeah....it took me about 5 minutes to weed through the choices and if I recall right it was a Firestone Milk Stout and a Ballast Point that were the winners....there was something raspberry in one of them...very slight but there

Back