What are you drinking right now?

1#Carmel 75, 1#CaraMunich I, 21# 2row, and a couple of ounces of Roasted Barley. 10 gal batch
65 IBU with 3 oz Dry Hop Centennial for 5 days.mmmmm

Damn that looks tasty nice frothy head how old is it?

popped my HopScotch today, it was only OK, i came around to it. I think i could drop the caramel in the future and use a different malt to darken it. We used 100% chinook for FWH and then 20, 5, 0... kinda tasted like a sour grapefruit made it's way into a brown ale or something.

popped my HopScotch today, it was only OK, i came around to it. I think i could drop the caramel in the future and use a different malt to darken it. We used 100% chinook for FWH and then 20, 5, 0... kinda tasted like a sour grapefruit made it's way into a brown ale or something.
Give it time Oliver :). I was drinking a breu yesterday evening that was a little rough round the edges six months ago and now its smoother.

I'm drinking a sour beer, you know these are real good at first but after a few, the stool is calling me lol

I am drinking JCMcnamara's Pickersgill Pale Ale. My critique: Aroma is light hops, more earthy-woodsy than the typical APA citrus nose but quite pleasant, somewhat dill like. It pours pretty with a bit of haze and a clear amber-yellow color. Flavor is very interesting. Bitter - neutral bitterness, little hop flavor otherwise barring a nice almost cedar flavor. No apparent fermentation flaws. Some good malt, meduim to light body. All in all, very drinkable. I'd buy a pint and if I were judging it would land in the mid to high thirties. Nice work!

just tapped my Oktoberfest again, I had too many requests to brew it again and i have to admit I love it, Im afraid this is one of those beers that ill get sick of just from drinking it so much lol, its that good

I am drinking JCMcnamara's Pickersgill Pale Ale. My critique: Aroma is light hops, more earthy-woodsy than the typical APA citrus nose but quite pleasant, somewhat dill like. It pours pretty with a bit of haze and a clear amber-yellow color. Flavor is very interesting. Bitter - neutral bitterness, little hop flavor otherwise barring a nice almost cedar flavor. No apparent fermentation flaws. Some good malt, meduim to light body. All in all, very drinkable. I'd buy a pint and if I were judging it would land in the mid to high thirties. Nice work!
Rock on! Really appreciate the feedback. And you were right about the sour, wasn't nearly as much as I was anticipating or wanting. Definitely have to try that recipe again

Cracked a kolsch after only 12 days in bottle ....slight winey / cidery flavour there i don't much care for and really hope that fades , not awful but not what i was hoping for
Clarity was almost perfect even without finings , no detectable hop aroma
By contrast also cracked latest version of my cRye Baby XPA and think i really have hit my targets with this
Same grain bill also makes Dr. Smurtos Golden ale ,i just crank up the hop slap in the mouth to get a sessionable almost IPA that tastes bigger than it is
really love what Rye brings to a beer and may even try to dial this beer up to 12 and increase rye to 25 % or more , IBUs to 50 and mash higher for more body

Cracked a kolsch after only 12 days in bottle ....slight winey / cidery flavour there i don't much care for and really hope that fades , not awful but not what i was hoping for
Clarity was almost perfect even without finings , no detectable hop aroma
By contrast also cracked latest version of my cRye Baby XPA and think i really have hit my targets with this
Same grain bill also makes Dr. Smurtos Golden ale ,i just crank up the hop slap in the mouth to get a sessionable almost IPA that tastes bigger than it is
really love what Rye brings to a beer and may even try to dial this beer up to 12 and increase rye to 25 % or more , IBUs to 50 and mash higher for more body

I've herd the wyeast strain does that there Mark. Yep I brewed a lovely Kolsch a few brews back K97 German ale I wish I could grab some wlp029 though I hear it's a great strain just costs to much to ship up here and local homebrew only stocks dry yeast. Quick to clear up for ya aye what you chill em long before drinking no chill haze eh? That's what I find my bottle brews do it'll be crystal clear in bottle then I wack it in fridge and it throws a haze but if left to warm a few C it clears back up. Cheers mate

Question: I have a bottle of Oceans Between Us in the fridge right now, which they say is 100% brettanomyces fermented... And on the bottom of the bottle is a good layer of sediment of some sort. Should I or should i not be pouring that into the glass? I really don't know anything about pouring these things.

well there was that, and then went to Urban South, had their Wet Hop Ekuanot IPA, an IPA with Not Equinox hops, but Ekuanot hops. Wet hopped too, wut. Read about them buds here: https://ychhops.com/varieties/ekuanot-brand-hbc-366-cv

Then did Urban South's Delta Mamma Citra Lager. And then Everything'll Be Fine by Courtyard brewery, pretty damn good, but figured out after it got poured that it's 3.5%ABV, it was still a good bavarian weiss style ale with almost no clove, purely banana and citrus at a low ABV, i enjoyed it. And then another Urban South: Citralicious IPA, i'm assuming exclusively hopped with Citra, had a good amount of Citra bitter bite on the front, but was pretty damn good, Citra to the max in your face.

Drinking an old Kolsch I made bit shaken (car trip) but still lovely besides the camp fire.:).

I can't believe they have reception out here.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    395 KB · Views: 175
Had a couple home brews tonight, hoppy scottish ale is definitely under carbonated, i think we used half priming sugar on accident... also our own Dead Flower beer with hibiscus, elderflower, and lavender... Also put away Mangö by Clown Shoes, C4 Double Coffee Brown Ale, and Mounds Bar Porter from a crowler in which i found/stole last night. At least i think it was a mounds bar porter. It was a coconut porter at least.

Drinking my Steam L 1 beer whilst making my Steam L2 beer sorta makes sense in a weird way ;)

Notes = clean malty sweet finish not quite crisp 2 weeks in keg little hazy not crystal clear was,all,trub beer ??

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    194.4 KB · Views: 149
Cleaning out the frig tonight. Black IPA brewed12/15 very smooth but has bitter. Trappist Dubbel brewed 12/14 Very tasty, has a slight tart taste coming out from yeast but blending well. Belgian Strong brewed 10/14. Was terrible first month, not finished at all. Now starting to come around. Very powerful beer with lots going on. Better every time I try one. Finishing the night with a Goose Island Burbon County Stout 2014. Good Night:oops:

Drinking my Oktoberfest Beer again, man after 5 I had to eat to keep the sleepy buzz off lol

Back