What are you drinking right now?

Nevada is still pretty wide open despite the influx of -errr, people from California. Brothels are still legal in most counties and bars are open 24-7. And, we are the gambling mecca of the US.
Not uncommon to carry firearms openly. When I go out on the open range, I don't even think about taking off my side arm when going into a store or restaurant. It just isn't out of the ordinary here.

BTW, we do have a very low crime rate here in rural Nevada, and trespassers will likely be violated :cool:

Nevada is still pretty wide open despite the influx of -errr, people from California. Brothels are still legal in most counties and bars are open 24-7. And, we are the gambling mecca of the US.
Not uncommon to carry firearms openly. When I go out on the open range, I don't even think about taking off my side arm when going into a store or restaurant. It just isn't out of the ordinary here.

BTW, we do have a very low crime rate here in rural Nevada, and trespassers will likely be violated :cool:
Well it would sure make me think twice about entering your property with due notice.

Haven't shot anyone yet, and hope to never find the need. Knowing how well armed the people here are is an excellent deterrent. I would be surprised if it's much different, although a lot more covert, on your Outback.

Outback threats here are more the animals, especially the reptiles and the remoteness. I haven't gone more than 8 hours from the nearest petrol yet, so that means I've hardly even dipped my toe in it. And that includes crossing the Nullarbor a few times - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nullarbor_Plain.

The area I'm in really isn't that unusual. There's about a dozen running brothels within a 10 minute walk. 90% of them are subtle and all of them are as quiet as the grave. The area was rezoned a few years ago and as it's less than 1km from the CBD the developers are now circling like vultures. I think nearly all of the brothels will be ex-brothels in the next decade.

And to counteract my thread derailing tendencies, had a lovely kettle sour last night. Tannic and really clean raspberry flavour. Makes me think that we'll start seeing some really good kettle sours come out in the next few years as people start coming up with more interesting approaches using the technique. Think my next one may have a a less fermentable wort and maybe an underattenuating yeast and use blackberries. Something to balance that mouth puckering dryness that blackberries have.

Sounds a bit like it is here. We don't carry to protect us from people, although it does that as a side benefit. Even as open as Nevada is there's no place that we're more than 3 or 4 hours from fuel. Also, we don't have nearly as many deadly critters as on the Outback. In my younger days I really wanted to explore remote regions around the world but, as I aged that wish decreased. Now, I just want to relax and have a few beers :)

Dale's Pale Ale and a wee bit of Four Rose's small batch. Not a bad Friday night.
20190215_222138-1024x1365.jpg

Dale's Pale Ale and a wee bit of Four Rose's small batch. Not a bad Friday night.
View attachment 5201

Sounds great! My Dale's clone is bubblin' away and the other Pale Ale I pitched late this morning has just started. These are batch 2 and 3 using the Digiboil. Hit my numbers on both after tweaking the equipment profile a tad.
Dale's.jpg

Racked a batch of cider a couple of days ago. Here's a shot of Apple Jack from the leftovers and a pint of my East Slope IPA.
Cleanup.jpg

Haven't shot anyone yet, and hope to never find the need. Knowing how well armed the people here are is an excellent deterrent. I would be surprised if it's much different, although a lot more covert, on your Outback.
Until you get in a situation with another toting member of society, then natural selection takes over. Population control.

I try not to respond to situations by avoiding them whenever possible. At 70 years old I've given and taken my share of a$$ kickings and have neither the will nor the ability to do so any more. As long as my family or my life isn't threatened, I threaten no one. Childish gun slinging is for irresponsible idiots.

Like they say those who live by the sword shall die by the sword I think it goes the same with guns.
Interesting observation. You're several times more likely to die of gun violence if you own one. Full disclosure, I own a nice 9mm, a gift from my parents many years ago.

Had a couple of PBRs earlier along with a couple of my IPAs. Treating myself to a Founders All Day IPA right now.

First of the BBPw/B (Bourbon Barrel Porter with Bourbon) the other night....This is a pour from the Jameson batch which finished very subtle and no where close to the way the Makers Mark batch which finished with it's taste and aroma storming out of the bottle despite it's wimpy head. I wonder if a couple more weeks in the cellar will make a difference?
20190217_082455.jpg

Bottom line, while I feel the juice was not worth the squeeze, the process and the gathered experience certainly was.

I like that color! Goes well with the sunshine!

Back