What are you doing with homebrew today?

Very little action in my starter. I took a hydrometer reading and it read 1.010, OG was roughly 1.030. So I assume I’m good to go ahead with it?
Was that a harvested yeast or were you doing a starter to build up a new pack of yeast. i typically do a 1.042 starter to build up a pack of yeast, but anyway, at 1.010, its done

Was that a harvested yeast or were you doing a starter to build up a new pack of yeast. i typically do a 1.042 starter to build up a pack of yeast, but anyway, at 1.010, its done
Month old slurry. Beer will be 1.040 so I wanted to go lower. The calculator said 3 tablespoons of slurry for the 1.040 wort. I used 3 tablespoons for the starter

Finally pulled the trigger on doing a late Marzen, yeast starter done, start pulling ingredients.
Only have .25lbs of Munich!!! o_O:mad: Damn !

Last edited:
Long work day today, getting ready to clean the two fermenters that I emptied out the other day. Should have cleaned them yesterday but had a big bond fire for the high school spirt week and home coming.

So let’s say one didn’t read the AA on the pack of hops….EKG usually around 5.1 the ones i used today were 4.3. I just noticed…bring IBU down to 30 vs 38. For see an issue? Either way it’s toasty beer

So let’s say one didn’t read the AA on the pack of hops….EKG usually around 5.1 the ones i used today were 4.3. I just noticed…bring IBU down to 30 vs 38. For see an issue? Either way it’s toasty beer
You mightnt even notice

Irish Stout yea? My guess is the bitterness from the dark malts will even everything out. I agree with Ben, probably won't notice

Not brewing today, but did load 60 gallons of spring water so I can brew tomorrow. Got home late so will have to unload the barrel in the morning.

image.jpg
Well here’s a proper case of IPA of the 3 C’s bottled tonight. Fermented with Imperial Loki (Voss) and dry hopped with those 3 C’s.

Back