What are you doing with homebrew today?

On another note (maybe it should be in brewers DIY)
I attached an input cable to my solar system, so I can now use all type of equipmentthat takes higher amps, run via genny and have excess power going into batteries.
So I can now run my mash kettle, but still need to find the malted barley :)
Very nice! Slowly but surely, beer will occur. But I can guess that sometimes you stop and think "am I crazy?"

No, you're not. Your many photos of the scenery are all I needed to see.

On another note (maybe it should be in brewers DIY)
I attached an input cable to my solar system, so I can now use all type of equipmentthat takes higher amps, run via genny and have excess power going into batteries.
So I can now run my mash kettle, but still need to find the malted barley :)
Can you get raw barley or wheat? I've read about some brewers malting it themselves. I don't know if you have an oven with constant temperature control or not, but it's a simple process in theory

Can you get raw barley or wheat? I've read about some brewers malting it themselves. I don't know if you have an oven with constant temperature control or not, but it's a simple process in theory

I've done it and brewed with it, its not that hard but at the same time it's so much easier just to buy premalted grain, I don't think Ill ever do it again

I might, but for now it's more a storage issue than anything.
Cider (from packs of apple juice) is king at the moment ;)

My friend tried to add a pound of DME to his brew yesterday and cut off a corner of the bag. He literally could not get it to pour out because the DME clumped up and clogged the hole instantly...

I use DME for my starters and learned (from a post somewhere) to add it before heating the water. That way the steam doesn't instantly turn the DME into clumps and plug up the hole.

It turns out that there's enough power from the solar array to run the brewery on a cloudy sort of foggy day.

2021-10-03 13.47.57.jpg

It turns out that there's enough power from the solar array to run the brewery on a cloudy sort of foggy day.

View attachment 17636
Awesome makes it feel even better:D

Gunna be doing some cleaning 1st kegmenter then beer lines transfer lines bar top drop tray ect ect it sucks but man I love the taste of beer from a fresh cleaned serving line!
20211004_101344.jpg

the last time I bought it from a can it seemed weak in flavor, as a matter of fact all of the beers I sampled did, I doubt this will be

Back