What are you doing with homebrew today?

At a friend's place, mashing in for a coconut chocolate porter.

99268631-1DF9-4FD1-921F-5A9363FD3C34.jpeg

brewing today, giving a shot from my security camera

I like the computer version of all of the temperatures, does that come straight off of your control panel? Would be nice to see my temps when I walk away from the system while it is running. Mine is setup in the basement.

I like the computer version of all of the temperatures, does that come straight off of your control panel? Would be nice to see my temps when I walk away from the system while it is running. Mine is setup in the basement.

no that's an esp32 set up with a local server and separate temp probes, the esp32 sends a signal to my ubuntu server with a custom script I created with influx dB and Grafana installed on it, it's all local so I just pull up the local ip to view

Got it, so you had to add additional probes to your setup, not a bad idea. Looks great, easy way to view what is going on without being clued to the system.
yes on the phone or pc, I can also cast to the tv if needed but I like to just keep a laptop near me so I can just glance at it

Well that was fun. Boil complete, everything hooked up to the counter flow cooler and when I started the pump one of the lines on the hot side sprung a leak. What a sticky mess to clean up. Miabock moved to the fermenter, cleaning up the boil and mash tank (and floor) so I can call it a day.

Well that was fun. Boil complete, everything hooked up to the counter flow cooler and when I started the pump one of the lines on the hot side sprung a leak. What a sticky mess to clean up. Miabock moved to the fermenter, cleaning up the boil and mash tank (and floor) so I can call it a day.
The heat loosened the pipework?

Building a yeast starter for Herm’s Amber Ale. For previous batches, I have used US-05, or slurries of the same. This time, I’m using White Labs WLP090, San Diego Super Yeast, something new and different. The shop keeper at lhbs suggested this was a good choice, lacking temperature control. And I think he just likes to keep me making starters since he sold me the stir plate. As I have stated before, I don’t know how extract Brewers deal with DME. It’s hydrophilic nature makes it such a mess to work with.

As I have stated before, I don’t know how extract Brewers deal with DME. It’s hydrophilic nature makes it such a mess to work with.
My friend tried to add a pound of DME to his brew yesterday and cut off a corner of the bag. He literally could not get it to pour out because the DME clumped up and clogged the hole instantly...

My friend tried to add a pound of DME to his brew yesterday and cut off a corner of the bag. He literally could not get it to pour out because the DME clumped up and clogged the hole instantly...
A while back @Trialben posted a thread about using liquid extract for starters. If I could get LME cheap and in small containers I’d make that my normal but I feel your pain @Herm_brews I make a mess every time

On another note (maybe it should be in brewers DIY)
I attached an input cable to my solar system, so I can now use all type of equipmentthat takes higher amps, run via genny and have excess power going into batteries.
So I can now run my mash kettle, but still need to find the malted barley :)

Back