What are you doing with homebrew today?

image.jpg
On a whim, I decided that I’m using Bunyip BRY-97 slurry today. As directed in my brew steps, I took the liquid yeast out of the fridge. Once it came to room temp, it showed that it has plenty going on as the compacted slurry bloomed in the jar.

Got the Irish Red kegged today. FG spot on at 1.011, color was nice and the yeast pretty much stayed in the primary(of course after 3 weeks it should).

Pulled a sample of the Shore Leave from the keezer...cleared up and tasting good, but undercarbed, I guess that's the hazard of reworking the CO2 system and then just leaving town and assuming it will work according to plan. Bumped the gauge up another 3 psi, thinking that will cover it.

Going to label the last batch of 1886 APA tonight and get it into the fridge, do a little cleaning and then not worry too much about the rest until I get done in AZ.

What is going on with the blue jug and tubing?
I use RO water to brew, but have a really bad back (two herniated discs), sorry carrying the water down to the brewery is not an option. After sliding the jug(s) over to the top of the stairs, I siphon it down to my brewing cart below. With 1/2"ID tubing, and a long drop it flows super quick.

I use RO water to brew, but have a really bad back (two herniated discs), sorry carrying the water down to the brewery is not an option. After sliding the jug(s) over to the top of the stairs, I siphon it down to my brewing cart below. With 1/2"ID tubing, and a long drop it flows super quick.
Pretty smart! This gives me ideas for pumping wort from the kitchen to the basement. Hmmmm!

Pretty smart! This gives me ideas for pumping wort from the kitchen to the basement. Hmmmm!
A lot of breweries during the industrial revolution were gravity fed warehouses. Mash on the 3rd floor, boil on the 2nd floor, ferment on the ground floor/basement

Der Tubingmeister!

I got some hops that are getting on a bit.
Researching what style of beer they would be good for.
Esp Hallertau blanc
Mostly I see pale ale mentioned, but I think it would go well with a wheat beer as well. Maybe in.combination with cascade.
Maybe a bry-97 wheat with lemongrass, lemon peel & kaffir lime leaves?

Esp Hallertau blanc
Mostly I see pale ale mentioned, but I think it would go well with a wheat beer as well. Maybe in.combination with cascade.
Right up my alley!

I'd brew it:)

Esp Hallertau blanc
Go for it. It may end up being one of your best yet.

Back