What are you doing with homebrew today?

VOSS pitched, first dry hop addition coming up after dinner!
20210409_175539.jpg

Drinking Wayner’s and kegging a Coffee Stout. The loose “dry bean” coffee has left a wonderful aroma and taste. Here’s hoping it carries through into the finished product. Actually, while cleaning my fermenter I found one whole bean in the spout of my Speidel, so I hope not too much has carried through into the keg! :oops:

8DEF81E2-9029-453B-8435-33513B5A39C2.jpeg

Added second dry addition to yesterdays session NEIPA brew. First addition went in about 4 hours after pitching. It has slowed down significantly, krausen already dropping.
Was too lazy to do the cleaning last night, so that is now done too.

Wort transferred. Need it to come down ab10 degrees and I’ll pitch some 34/70 slurry. Used wort chiller for the first time. That was nice. Collected enough water to clean my kettle with. Very uneventful brew day

Drank some Shady Boh, finished up my inventory update, drank some Shady Boh, ordered Viking Golden Ale Malt(for "Shore Leave"), observed that the Shady Boh is disappearing at an alarming rate. probably need to check for leaks...:D
Hahaha. Shady Boh was some good stuff for sure.
Yeast took off like a rocket already a fluffy top to the fermenter. I pitched a good amount of slurry

My ESB kicked on Wednesday night, and my 6% hazy kicked last night. Cleaning lines and kegs today. It was raining here all morning, so turned out to be a good time to do this.

Got the hops in my backyard weeded and mulched, weeded and mulched the bottom row in the "yard" at Dad's place. Verified that my hops appear to have all wintered and came back. Adding another 25 rhizomes this year. 9 Cluster, 6 Saaz, 4 Sterling and 6 Northern Brewer. Should be enough to finish populating the top section and extend the 2 lower ones a bit.

Still don’t know if I’m using S33 or Lallemand Abbaye. I have both... Not brewing it for 2 weeks but undecided. Also considered T58 but it didn’t come even though amazon thought it was delivered :(
First Dubbel so I want to do well

Back